Permanent Jacks/Stabilizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permanent Jacks/Stabilizers

Anyone that has info on how to and whats the best jacks/stabilizers to use for long term support on a Travel Trailer if remove tires from trailer would be appreciated. Considering removing tires from GD reflection 315 since it sits in one place.

Simpson makes an adjustable post bracket for concrete pier blocks - would be fairly straightforward to place pier blocks in a pattern on both sides with a short section of 4"x4" and then have the ability to adjust the height. Have also seen sets of metal stands that adjust at the RV stores. Just need to make sure you have a good base wherever you put the supports.
    Chris
    Chris
    2019 Solitude 3740BH
    2019 Chevy 3500HD Duramax SRW

Comment

Ron Ron, My guess is you are planning on removing the tires and want to support the axles. If this is the case, HF and several other brands should suffice. Several have used https://www.amazon.com/Alltrade-6409...068347&sr=8-43 for long term support by just lifting the tires off the ground.

Be prepared to adjust whatever you put under the axles and trailer. Something like https://www.amazon.com/EAZ-LIFT-Tele...069016&sr=8-98 may be a better fit vs the standard stabilizer jacks as they have a much better rating and are adjustable. Again, be prepared to make adjustments to whatever you put under it.

I use https://www.homedepot.com/p/Angelus-...0100/100322590 and the thicker ones when setting up the camper for long term at the hunting lease for supporting the stabilizers. I used aluminum camper stabilizer stands on 2 wide of those concrete blocks along with the installed scissor supports. They do tend to settle a touch over time thus the adjustment.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Ron

If you support the trailer other than by its axles through the spring hangers, I would suggest that you put the new supports close to the spring hangers. The trailer is built and the slides adjusted with the weight sitting on the tires. If you support the trailer frame at the outer ends, this will flex the frame differently and slides may not operate properly and trim may not fit as it did when the trailer was built.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
          Anyone that has info on how to and whats the best jacks/stabilizers to use for long term support on a Travel Trailer if remove tires from trailer would be appreciated. Considering removing tires from GD reflection 315 since it sits in one place.
          As Cate&Rob mentioned you may need something on the axles. I recently ran across this axle/trailer support.

TrailerLegs Tire Saver Double Axel Set - Innovative Trailer Solutions TLx4 - Tire Accessories
          Mike & Lisa
          Central Florida
          2021 Imagine 2970RL
          1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
            What Cate&Rob suggested in his reply I know is true for my 315RLTS ( a lot of flex in the frame). When MORRyde jacked up my trailer to install their Independent Suspension the jacks were placed as shown in the picture below. We were allowed to stay in the camper overnight, but when I tried to put out the dinette slide there were very bad noises coming from the assembly. I stopped the extension less than 1/2 way out and put the slide back in. We stayed in a hotel.

Bottom line--what you see below is how NOT to do it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	MORRyde.JPG
Views:	326
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	66264
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Lots of good information.... what I'm taking away from the different input is to support the travel trailer/fifth wheel in the same manner it was designed to be supported - which makes a lot of sense!
              And at least one, if not more, from "real world" experiences.
              Very cool!
              Chris
              2019 Solitude 3740BH
              2019 Chevy 3500HD Duramax SRW

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the information. I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                X