Customer Service - LogicBlue - LevelMate Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Service - LogicBlue - LevelMate Pro

Just wanted to put this out. I called LogicBlue tech to ask a quick question about batter change on my LevelMate Pro. I got sent to a VM box and decided not to leave a message as I thought I would dig around on the internet a little more to answer my question.

Less than 5 minutes later I get a call back from their number. A very nice gentleman answer stating he had a missed call from my number?!?! He was GREAT! He answered my questions and we had a short convo about a new campground we are going that is near their manufacturing facilities in Asheville NC. I was shocked by the response and the call back. I know we all chose Grand Design for various reasons but one constant I hear is the customer service/experience/response.

I will say that this small experience will keep me a customer of LogicBlue for the duration of our camping experience. I could not have been more pleased with them.

Also - If you change the batter in a LevelMate Pro you DO NOT have to reset your level. I assumed this but wanted to verify. It is stored on a passive flash memory unit. Not on your phone/app but within the hardware.
    2021 GD Imagine 2400BH - Hensley hitch, Levelmate Pro, TPMS, Furrion back up and a few other things
    2018 Nissan Titan SV 5.6L 4x4 - 3 kids and a co-pilot

That is awesome to hear. I love that kind of customer service!

Slightly related question, but what is the recommendation for winter storage and the LevelMate system? Simply turn it off at the switch? Take the battery out? Reading the response you got from LogicBlue, tells me they store the leveling information in NVRAM, so the unit should tolerate long term storage without the battery, but I wouldn't mind hearing what everyone does for storing their RV with the LevelMate. If this should be a new topic, mods please feel free to let me know, or move for me.
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by StephenO View Post
      That is awesome to hear. I love that kind of customer service!

Slightly related question, but what is the recommendation for winter storage and the LevelMate system? Simply turn it off at the switch? Take the battery out? Reading the response you got from LogicBlue, tells me they store the leveling information in NVRAM, so the unit should tolerate long term storage without the battery, but I wouldn't mind hearing what everyone does for storing their RV with the LevelMate. If this should be a new topic, mods please feel free to let me know, or move for me.
      I believe the switch removes power physically, so turning the switch off is the same as removing the battery. So I'd just turn the switch off.

In fact, that's what I've done. (I have a level mate pro, and just replaced the battery two weeks ago, thanks GrandDeal3 , I've been wondering if I should recalibrate or not)
      Mike
      2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Originally posted by mpking View Post

I believe the switch removes power physically, so turning the switch off is the same as removing the battery. So I'd just turn the switch off.
        I would agree. Looking at the circuit board when you remove the panel it does look like a hard power cut. Before and after storage I would double check the batter to make sure there is no corrosion. Ultimately if you turn it off it should be good enough.
        2021 GD Imagine 2400BH - Hensley hitch, Levelmate Pro, TPMS, Furrion back up and a few other things
        2018 Nissan Titan SV 5.6L 4x4 - 3 kids and a co-pilot

Comment

My in laws have one and have been very happy with it. I've contacted them a couple times with questions for them and they were great to deal with. We modified theirs with a 12v to 3.3v power supply connected to power in the rig so no batteries are needed any more. I did the same thing with my Mopeka propane sensors and it works great. You have to solder the power supply wires to the battery contacts but if you're comfortable with that it's a great mod. Much like my propane sensors he says he gets improved range and reliability with it hard wired.

SMAKN DC/DC Converter 12V Step Down to 3V/3A Power Supply Module https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ODL140M...ing=UTF8&psc=1
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

ncitro Neil, wonder if you could make a plastic dummy battery with wiring to keep from soldering to the battery connectors.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222647261601
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
              ncitro Neil, wonder if you could make a plastic dummy battery with wiring to keep from soldering to the battery connectors.

Seriously, I spent 15 minutes looking for something like this, but gave up
              Mike
              2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Originally posted by mpking View Post

Seriously, I spent 15 minutes looking for something like this, but gave up
                I tried as well and decided I'd never want to use it on battery again anyway, so killed a couple birds with one stone. My LevelMate is in the closet next to the bed so installed a 12v panel in the bottom of the closet face under the door and hardwired the LevelMate to it using the 12v to 3.3v converter Neil mentioned. Now the LevelMate is powered, on a switch if needed, I have a couple USB outlets (where they should be at the bedside) and a 12v outlet for anything needed, like the DW's CPAP if we have no 110 or even more usb with a cigarette lighter adapter.

12v switched panel: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Terry
                Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
                2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
                2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post

Definitely a good possibility for someone not familiar with soldering. Also would not void any warranty. Good find.
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                  2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                  2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
                  X