Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto level - do you re level after moving around in the trailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto level - do you re level after moving around in the trailer?

My 2 previous trailers had the stabilizer jacks, after a day i had to re adjust after movement inside. Is this something i should do with my new 295rl? Or is the initial auto level going to be good enough?
    2022 Reflection 295RL - 2019 Ram 2500 bighorn 4x4
    2016 Kodiak 201QB - F150
    2014 14' Dune Sport TH 2010 F-150

I do relevel from time to time while camping, sometimes once a day. There seems to be a little settling that goes on and the jacks just need tightened up to take the rocking out of the trailer. It is important to note that if you use the auto hitch height to reconnect to truck this will be lost. The auto hitch height is set to the point at which the first auto level sequence is initiated, using auto level after that you will loose the initial hitch height.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Dv602 View Post
      My 2 previous trailers had the stabilizer jacks, after a day i had to re adjust after movement inside. Is this something i should do with my new 295rl? Or is the initial auto level going to be good enough?
      Going from memory (can't find the reference)...I think the Auto Level sequence assumes a nose-high attitude (as if you've just disconnected from the truck). When attempting to do an auto-level from a near-level position, the nose of the camper may need to be raised (by commanding the front jacks manually to raise the front of the camper above level) before initiating another auto sequence.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I have started auto level from front to back level position and the system worked fine. I have, just for so, started auto level from previous auto level and the system worked fine. Do you need to relevel after some use? I would say that depends on the soil. You can do it.
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
          I have started auto level from front to back level position and the system worked fine. I have, just for so, started auto level from previous auto level and the system worked fine. Do you need to relevel after some use? I would say that depends on the soil. You can do it.
          so is it a simple as hitting the auto level button again? do i pull slides in? or leave them out?
          retract jacks before auto leveling again?
          2022 Reflection 295RL - 2019 Ram 2500 bighorn 4x4
          2016 Kodiak 201QB - F150
          2014 14' Dune Sport TH 2010 F-150

Comment

Yes, just that simple. Turn the controller on and select auto level. The system will go through grounding legs then adjust level.
            Ted
            2021 Reflection 310RLS
            2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

sportsdad60 -- I think your question is worth a thread on it's own. Please see https://gdrvowners.com/forum/mainten...ot-retract-why

Howard
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Mine generally ends up nose down about 1 1/2" according to my level. I have gone through the process of relearning the system for true level but somehow we always end up with the nose slightly down. If its just a day or 2 I leave it, any longer and I adjust according to my level
                2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Working...
                X