Leveling system does not show on inside panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leveling system does not show on inside panel

After the travel day from hell, we arrived at the site from hell only to find that my auto level is flashing red on the outside panel on our 260RD. I went to the inside panel to clear the fault and the leveling system is not showing up on that screen. I cut battery power and got the green light back outside and can raise and lower the front jacks. I hit auto level and it flashes red. Ive got it level front to rear but its about 5° out side to side. Not sure whats going on but it will be fun trying not to roll out of bed tonight!. Any ideas? I thought I’d try the reset on the panel but its still pouring rain.

Originally posted by Pjoe View Post
    After the travel day from hell, we arrived at the site from hell only to find that my auto level is flashing red on the outside panel on our 260RD. I went to the inside panel to clear the fault and the leveling system is not showing up on that screen. I cut battery power and got the green light back outside and can raise and lower the front jacks. I hit auto level and it flashes red. Ive got it level front to rear but its about 5° out side to side. Not sure whats going on but it will be fun trying not to roll out of bed tonight!. Any ideas? I thought I’d try the reset on the panel but its still pouring rain.
    Please take a moment to fill out your signature line as outlined in the Welcome Letter: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

An educated guess is the leveling system on your 260RD is a Ground Control 3.0 (electric). But...I can't find any reference to a "flashing red" error in any of the documentation.

Can you elaborate with a few more details along with a picture of the two controllers?

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Pjoe there should be a way to manually level, without using the "auto level" feature. This would depend on what your exterior control looks like--how many buttons? If it is not showing on your interior panel and it should be, then there is a communication error between your leveling sensor (probably the front) and the main board. This could be caused by loose or damaged wiring at the sensor. I'm not familiar with a 260RD being a fifth wheel or TT. If it is a fifth wheel, the sensor would be on the ceiling of the very front compartment, where a on board generator might go if it had one. There are various harnesses that plug in to that. If something moved during travel, it is possible that it caused an issue with the wiring. Total guess, but on a TT it could be in the front pass thru cargo area, centered in the compartment, up on the ceiling. Lippert has been a help to us with leveling issues in the past on the phone. They have a pretty decent customer support line. 574.537.8900
      Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
      2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
      2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
      2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
      Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Working...
      X