Front jacks out of alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front jacks out of alignment

The top portion on the front jack on the driver's side on our trailer is extended further than the other. I'm 99% sure the picture below was taken when the trailer was connected to the truck, and I had just retracted the jacks. Although during a "retract all" sequence to clear a landing gear fault (low batteries) I did see that passenger side jack come off the ground the front of the trailer was supported solely by the driver's side jack. So far, I have compensated by just using more leveling blocks under the other jack - but something tells me I need to figure out how to get them to deploy and retract evenly. I held down the retract button until the offending jack was fully retracted, but it seems it's even more out of alignment with the other jack the next time I used them to level the trailer.

Will re-setting the 0-point help with this? Or does it need some other fix?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Uneven landing gear.jpg
Views:	1147
Size:	199.6 KB
ID:	81606
    Mike and Rebecca
    2022 Reflection 150 260RD, October 2021 build date.
    2001 Chev 2500 HD 8.1 liter 4x4

I am not sure how you accomplished that but I would think that a retract the whole way should put them back in sync, you may even try a manual retract and hold the button until they are completely in they should make a little "ping" noise when fully retracted, at least the back ones do. The jack on the far side of that picture looks fully retracted and the one on the near side should continue to retract until in the "home" position.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Mike & Rebecca Mike, if you go into the phone app or to the panel inside the basement door and access the leveling program. From there in manual mode once you select the + or - (odd that you select direction first) if you press the front and right at the same time it will move the tongue curb side jack ONLY. If you press the front it moves both at the same time. You can do the same with any of the four corners. Those with 6 jacks the middle ones are a mystery to me (don't have a set to play with).
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
        I am not sure how you accomplished that but I would think that a retract the whole way should put them back in sync, you may even try a manual retract and hold the button until they are completely in they should make a little "ping" noise when fully retracted, at least the back ones do. The jack on the far side of that picture looks fully retracted and the one on the near side should continue to retract until in the "home" position.

Brian
        Can I blame the dealer? It was like that when we took delivery. The uneven jacks were one of 15 items on the first warranty visit. But the dealer didn't even look at the trailer during it's 3 week visit, so now the trailer is headed to my favorite local independent RV shop - but that's a different story. I'll try to fully retract both and see if they both reset to the home position. Thanks Brian!
        Mike and Rebecca

Comment

An unresponsive dealer that left you disappointed ? thats shocking, we almost never hear of that
          (please read the above with as much dripping sarcasm as you can muster) (or read it to yourself in the voice of the guy from Oak island)

You may also have entered "Michigan state park" mode and the legs are automatically assuming an unlevel site.
          Last edited by familytruckster4; 04-09-2022, 01:40 PM.
          2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

The other option on the control panel will say "ground front jacks" I believe. It will lower 1 1st then the other to put equal pressure on both front jacks. I usually do this 1st then can either hit hitch height selection or just push the top arrow to lift both jacks at the same time to unhook. Pull away and hit auto level......done
            2018 337RLS
            720w solar, 100/50 scc 1500w psw 2 battleborn
            disc brakes, ems

Comment

Originally posted by Jims94vmx View Post
              The other option on the control panel will say "ground front jacks" I believe. It will lower 1 1st then the other to put equal pressure on both front jacks. I usually do this 1st then can either hit hitch height selection or just push the top arrow to lift both jacks at the same time to unhook. Pull away and hit auto level......done
              If only that were true. My system does not have that 'grounding' option. It would reduce frame twisting.
              Ted
              2021 Reflection 310RLS
              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Jlawles2 Joseph, those middle jacks only work in tandem with the rear jacks. On a 6 jack system, there is no way to move only one jack. They only work in pairs. In manual mode, if you select rear, extend, then all four of the not front jacks operate. Left and right work as pairs, and do not extend the landing gear, either. I often have to "bump" the jack buttons briefly after the trailer settles to get rid of the wiggles. So I start with the door side, then the off door side, then the landing gear to tighten up. Doesn't seem to matter how big and heavy they are, they all are capable of the "wiggles".

Dave
                Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
                2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
                2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
                2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
                Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Mine just did something similar yesterday while it was supposed to be auto leveling. It first leveled front to rear, then lowered the rear jacks, then extended only the left front jack lifting the right front completely off the ground. After I aborted it, I tried to lower the left front manually but it locked out the action with a prevent frame twist error. I had to use retract all and then manually level it. I have had nothing but problems with this Ground Control 3.0 system. I am half tempted to remove the entire system and replace it with good ol' reliable manual stabilizers.
                  2021 Reflection 278BH
                  2002 GMC 2500HD

Comment

Todd_P You may need to reset the control board.

By chance have you experienced low battery conditions lately? This may be a contributing factor to the system having issues.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

My battery bank has remained connected and well charged. I repaired an issue over the winter with the rear leveling sensor wiring that got damaged because Grand Design failed to properly install and restrain the wiring harness. I also had to replace the rear sensor mount with a more substantial plate as the original was flimsy and bent down nearly 10 degrees.
                      2021 Reflection 278BH
                      2002 GMC 2500HD

Comment

Todd_P

Check that the front jack controller, upper middle overhead of the front storage, is properly secure. This works with the rear sensor for leveling. Also if it is windy or there is someone in the RV when trying to auto level this will throw the system off, the RV needs to be absolutely still or really close for auto level to work.

Brian
                        Brian & Michelle
                        2018 Reflection 29RS
                        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Mike & Rebecca View Post
                          The top portion on the front jack on the driver's side on our trailer is extended further than the other. I'm 99% sure the picture below was taken when the trailer was connected to the truck, and I had just retracted the jacks. Although during a "retract all" sequence to clear a landing gear fault (low batteries) I did see that passenger side jack come off the ground the front of the trailer was supported solely by the driver's side jack. So far, I have compensated by just using more leveling blocks under the other jack - but something tells me I need to figure out how to get them to deploy and retract evenly. I held down the retract button until the offending jack was fully retracted, but it seems it's even more out of alignment with the other jack the next time I used them to level the trailer.

Will re-setting the 0-point help with this? Or does it need some other fix?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Uneven landing gear.jpg
Views:	1147
Size:	199.6 KB
ID:	81606
                          So I am having the same problem with my 150 295RLS as Mike and Rebecca. My passenger side (let) front jack is lower by about 3 inches than the driver side front jack. After reading the comments did we decide whether pressing the retract button on the outside front control module will continue to bring up the left jack even though the right jack has returned to it`s maximum retract level? And when subsequently, I extend the front jacks will they extend evenly and also the auto level will function correctly? Looking forward to your comments,
                          AL & JANET
                          2021 F250 XLT CCSB 6.2, 4.30, Iconic Silver, ---
                          2021 GD REFL 295RL. PULLRITE SUPERGL. 2914
                          2017 F250 Lariat CCSB 6.2 3.73, Caribou ,
                          2013 COACHMEN FREEDOM EX. 281RLDS
                          HAMILTON, ONTARIO CANADA

Comment

I've been holding the rocker switch down until both jack motors have stopped when retracting and that seems to work perfectly.
                            Mike and Rebecca

Comment

Originally posted by Mike & Rebecca View Post
                              I've been holding the rocker switch down until both jack motors have stopped when retracting and that seems to work perfectly.
                              Mike is the rocker switch you are talking about , the up down arrows on the auto level control situated on the outside of the trailer under the overhang or is it something else. thanks
                              AL & JANET
                              2021 F250 XLT CCSB 6.2, 4.30, Iconic Silver, ---
                              2021 GD REFL 295RL. PULLRITE SUPERGL. 2914
                              2017 F250 Lariat CCSB 6.2 3.73, Caribou ,
                              2013 COACHMEN FREEDOM EX. 281RLDS
                              HAMILTON, ONTARIO CANADA

Comment

Working...
                              X