Auto-level not leveling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-level not leveling

Hi folks. Our first adventures in our 2022 28BH have been pretty adventurous. I like the idea of the self leveling system, but our rig is always low in front after it does its thing. I have to raise the front manually to get it right. The problem with that is there's no way to lower the rear jacks. That's not so good. Is there a way to calibrate the leveling system short of taking it to the dealer?
    Greg & Sherri

2022 GD Reflection 28BH
    2009 RAM 2500 Cummins

Originally posted by ColoradoGreg View Post
    Is there a way to calibrate the leveling system short of taking it to the dealer?
    Absolutely. Your 28BH has the Ground Control 3.0 system installed (at least I'm pretty sure it does) with electric jacks on a 5th wheel. LCi's documentation is here: https://support.lci1.com/ground-control-3.0

This video (from a link on their website) should explain what you need to do. (If that's not the right touchpad, look through LCI's website--there's a lot of great reference material.)

If you can't find the right document, post a picture of your control panel and we can point you in the right direction.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Absolutely. Your 28BH has the Ground Control 3.0 system installed (at least I'm pretty sure it does) with electric jacks on a 5th wheel. LCi's documentation is here: https://support.lci1.com/ground-control-3.0

This video (from a link on their website) should explain what you need to do. (If that's not the right touchpad, look through LCI's website--there's a lot of great reference material.)

If you can't find the right document, post a picture of your control panel and we can point you in the right direction.

Howard

Howard Did I see someone else have an issue on another thread where the actual level had come loose on the trailer and wasn`t recording the true level front to back to start with. Or was that another problem not associated when one has the Ground Control system. Is there an actual level that is attached to the trailer that controls the Ground Contorl module itself?
      AL & JANET
      2021 F250 XLT CCSB 6.2, 4.30, Iconic Silver, ---
      2021 GD REFL 295RL. PULLRITE SUPERGL. 2914
      2017 F250 Lariat CCSB 6.2 3.73, Caribou ,
      2013 COACHMEN FREEDOM EX. 281RLDS
      HAMILTON, ONTARIO CANADA

Comment

Originally posted by Zing View Post
        Howard Did I see someone else have an issue on another thread where the actual level had come loose on the trailer and wasn`t recording the true level front to back to start with. Or was that another problem not associated when one has the Ground Control system. Is there an actual level that is attached to the trailer that controls the Ground Contorl module itself?
        That absolutely could be an issue if the trailer still won't auto level after setting it correctly.

There are two sensors, one in the Ground Control circuit board and a separate sensor that is installed aft of the axles. That rear sensor is normally buried between the coroplast and the bottom of the trailer's floor.

Country Campers -- did I miss anything? (Brian has this system on his 29RS sans the CompassConnect.) Note that the the OP's Reflection does not have the OneControl Touch Panel shown in the pic below but the trailer does have a CompassConnect enabled Ground Control controller, so they should be able to level via the app in addition to the Ground Control panel.

Click image for larger version  Name:	sensors.JPG Views:	0 Size:	68.1 KB ID:	82331
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

The controller should be located in the front storage in the middle top. The touch panel should be in the pass thru on the wall towards the front. The rear sensor should be in the middle above the coroplast behind the rear axle, not sure exactly where. You can check the front controller and make sure that it tight in place with no movement, the rear sensor will be a little harder to check, you will have to drop the coroplast. If these are both tight and in place the system should work, check that the connections are seated on the front controller as well. Any movement while in the auto level mode will have an effect on the auto level function, wind , someone moving around inside the RV. There was one owner that found the rear sensor had fallen off the mount. It is also important to start the auto level process with the nose high, above level, as the first thing it wants to do is drop the nose.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

If you have the app and there is a leveling option, you can enter manual mode and alter any of the jacks. They are not the easiest thing to understand at first, but on either the touch panel or the app, once in the leveling program, you first select manual mode, then you select + or - to let the program know which way you want the jack to move, then the options are front right rear and left. Not real intuitive that to move say the back left jack up you have to press "-" first, then "left" and "rear" at the same time to affect that one jack. Right Rear is "right" and "rear" at the same time, etc. Now front, right, rear, or left will move all of the jacks in the associated line together.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Hi all. Thanks for the advice for my situation. I checked my owners manual and it doesn't list the unit that I have. Here are a couple of pictures of my touch pad. Any ideas on how to get it to the calibration mode? The wifi at this RV park isn't so good .
              Greg & Sherri

2022 GD Reflection 28BH
              2009 RAM 2500 Cummins

Comment

ColoradoGreg -- go to https://support.lci1.com/ground-cont...ol-touch-panel and download the manual highlighted below. That looks like your setup.

Click image for larger version

Name:	OneControl.JPG
Views:	3255
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	82589

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoGreg View Post
                  Hi all. Thanks for the advice for my situation. I checked my owners manual and it doesn't list the unit that I have. Here are a couple of pictures of my touch pad. Any ideas on how to get it to the calibration mode? The wifi at this RV park isn't so good .
                  WARNING: You can bend your RV frame if you do this wrong. Proceed at your own risk. Be very careful about operating any jack individually.

Here's how to get it to Zero (I guess what you call Calibration mode) on the Compass Connect App. I called Lippert this morning with the same question. The answer:

Tap 5 times on the word "Leveler" shown in the marked-up version of your picture. If it doesn't work on that screen, it should work on the app on your phone with a similar screen displayed. I only did this on my phone, so I'm not sure if it works on the touchpad in the RV. By doing this, a warning is displayed asking if you want to continue because you can bend your frame. If you agree to accept responsibility, then the "secret menu" is displayed which gives you further options. (Who would have thought to tap "LEVELER" 5 times would reveal a secret menu??)

Depending on what screen you are on when you do this, you can either set the Zero (level) of the system. It will also let you individually control the jacks (not the usual required pair operation) and therefore let you bend the frame, if you're not careful.

Let me know if it works.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Special menu.PNG Views:	0 Size:	656.7 KB ID:	82600
                  Last edited by Jimmer; 04-19-2022, 08:17 PM.
                  Home Base: Fairfax, Virginia
                  2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer
                  2002 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel 4X4 SRW

Comment

ccd-0003446.pdf

This may help. It shows several versions. Scroll down to page 5 for version 3.0.
                    Ted
                    2021 Reflection 310RLS
                    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Thanks Jimmer for the advice. It took me a couple of tries on the control panel, but I was able to get it to the calibration mode and set it. Now for unknown reasons the phone app can't connect to my rig. . I reset it to no avail. Fortunately the control panel works.
                      Thanks again
                      Greg & Sherri

2022 GD Reflection 28BH
                      2009 RAM 2500 Cummins

Comment

ColoradoGreg I noticed that if you have the leveler active on the inside panel, you cannot access it on the phone. Also if the travel lock is active you can basically turn lights on and off only.

I played with mine this morning for a few seconds while outside grabbing something out of the truck. This is how I know about it being an issue to connect to the leveler while it's active on the inside panel.

After getting the travel lock off, I was in the house messing with the leveler controls. Any time I got into the calibration on my phone I immediately lost contact to the entire OneControl.
                        Last edited by Jlawles2; 04-21-2022, 08:11 PM. Reason: Added note on loss of connection
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Relieve twist on back left jack
                          31mb

what do we do to fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by Milkman1959 View Post
                            31mb

Not sure I understand the situation, Milkman. Can you elaborate and/or post a few pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by Milkman1959 View Post
                              31mb

As Howson said, more info is needed. However, the leveler is telling you the rig frame is twisted and needs to be straightened. The system normally does this by itself. If you are using manual only, you would need to continue leveling until you "relieve" the twist. make sense?
                              Bruce and Michelle - and Callie (GSD)
                              2019 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4L HEMI
                              2023 Reflection 303RLS (purchased 9/2022)

Comment

Working...
                              X