Leveling the Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leveling the Coach

I was wondering if on a tandem tire trailer (Imagine XL 21) is it ok to raise just one of the tires to level the coach. I level my coach in the driveway and noticed only one of the tires is up on the leveler using the rocker type leveling system. Thanks

I have occasionally done that with no ill effects.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

If one tire is not bearing much of the load then the other is bearing the most of it, could lead to a failing tire or springs. Always good to have the load shared by both tires on one side.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I would say it's not bad if you keep the difference within reason. Say 1-2x difference in height, but not 4-2x's under one but not the other.

Again you want to load share, thus the more you add to one tire, the more load it has the opportunity to take from the other.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

The leveling jacks are always taking load, not redistributing it to the wheels. So I don't see any one wheel getting any more load than it had before the leveling process.
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by scarfile View Post
            ...noticed only one of the tires is up on the leveler using the rocker type leveling system. Thanks
            Maybe I'm tired...but I don't understand. What's a "rocker type leveling system"? ( A picture would be great. )
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson howard, I think they mean one of the andersen style wedges. You know the curved thing.

https://andersenhitches.com/collecti...cts/rapid-jack
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

I missed the rocker leveler part, so my comments can be ignored.
                Ted
                2021 Reflection 310RLS
                2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
                X