Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stability issues... JT Strongarm vs SteadyFast

Good morning campers!
    I'd love to hear some likes and dislikes about your stability solutions. I'm very interested in comparisons of the SteadyFast ( steadfast if auto corrected ) and the JT Strongarm. I had the JT Strongarm on my Arctic Fox, and it worked OK, but that was an entirely different frame and had no slide outs.

Erik
    Erik & Tea
    2021 Reflection 297RSTS
    2005 Ford Excursion 6L diesel
    ProPride hitch

Erik, we have JTs front and rear installed by dealer when new. We are and have been for 8 seasons very happy with them. They are easy to use as well as quick to tighten and loosen when ready to depart site. We have very, very little movement.

A number of folks over the years have shared how happy they are with Steadyfast as well.

While there have been some folks not as satisfied as they had hoped, it seems it comes down to expectations for effectiveness. These stabilizers prevent nearly all movement but not all, of course due to a number of factors of which I am sure you are well versed.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by Popga View Post
      Good morning campers!
      I'd love to hear some likes and dislikes about your stability solutions. I'm very interested in comparisons of the SteadyFast ( steadfast if auto corrected ) and the JT Strongarm. I had the JT Strongarm on my Arctic Fox, and it worked OK, but that was an entirely different frame and had no slide outs.

Erik
      Eric I have the Steadyfast Works very well. One thing I like is the big locking handles that cant fall off or walk away. The kit included the corretc drill bill and chamfer bit too. Also great customer service if you have install questions. I think the Steadyfast is easier to operate too. Just my 02
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I have the JT's only on the front and we are very happy with the stability. We don't even talk about adding rears because we don't seem to need them.
        2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Working...
        X