Wire Electric Rear Jacks Individually

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire Electric Rear Jacks Individually

I have a 2015 Reflection 337RLS. The rear jacks are both controlled by one EXT/RET switch. .... Has anyone tried to wire an individual switch to each jack so that they can be controlled separately? I was also thinking about adding a switch and second motor to individually control the front landing gear. Pros? Cons?
    Mike and Pat Clawson
    2015 Reflection 337RLS
    2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
    Village of Bloomfield, Wisconsin

Hi Gr8dagget.

I didn't wire the back jacks on my 2014 337. But I did put individually controlled landing gear legs on my Some Other Brand of FW. It worked amazingly well. If I was off 1/2:" side to side, a quick adjustment would get me right where I wanted to be.

Here's a product that is similar to what I used back in about 2011/2012.

https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jack.../RP500708.html

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8daggett View Post
      I have a 2015 Reflection 337RLS. The rear jacks are both controlled by one EXT/RET switch. .... Has anyone tried to wire an individual switch to each jack so that they can be controlled separately? I was also thinking about adding a switch and second motor to individually control the front landing gear. Pros? Cons?
      My rear stabilizer jacks just have one motor and a cross shaft to drive the slave jack, same as the front legs.
      Gene and Kim
      2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
      2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8daggett View Post
        As stated by gbkims , Reflections without auto-leveling have only one motor for the front landing gear and one motor for the back stabilizers. Our earlier-run 2016 337 is that way, too. The motor(s) drive a cross-shaft that operates both legs in a set. Without some sort of coordinated system like auto-leveling provides, separate motors controlled manually would risk frame twist on something as heavy as a 337 with only four feet on the ground.

Rob
        Rob & Laura
        U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
        2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
        2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
        (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
        Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Working...
        X