LevelMatePRO on fifth wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LevelMatePRO on fifth wheels

I’m new to a fifth wheel and, while I like the auto level feature, I still find that there’s some trial and error to get the trailer set up before I put down the levelers.

Are fifth wheel owners using the LevelMatePRO?

How do you use it to level on a cross slope with your wheels, landing gear and rear levelers?

In setting it up, did you measure the distance between the front landing gear and the rear wheel or the rear leveler?
    2022 Reflection 280 RS
    2020 Silverado 2500 HD

I have one that I used on my old bumper pull. So far I've never needed it on my 5th wheel. Just try to find the most level position (side to side), and leave plenty for room for the front to lower. So far I've been able to make it work without any kind of leveling blocks.

-Mike-
    2022 Reflection 31 MB w/ Goose Box
    2021 Chevy 2500HD

Comment

I am not using the Level Mate but I do have this attached to the top of the pin box Wheel Masters Level Master Trailer Bubble Level with 5th Wheel Pin Box Mounting Bracket Wheel Masters RV Levels WM6780 (etrailer.com) easy to view and it helps me get pretty close side to side before Auto Level is used.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

BR549 I have thought about getting one, but never have. Our process is we get on the site and then my wife looks at the LevelMate display to see how off we are side to side, and we decide if we need to move over or block a side up. Then we unhook and level.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I also use the old school spirit level, similar to Brian. Fast and easy. Each increment is about an inch out of level so easy to determine how many blocks are needed under the tires.
          John
          2018 Momentum 395M
          2018 Ram 3500 Dually
          Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
          X