2nd hydraulic line failure on new Solitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd hydraulic line failure on new Solitude

So far I have had two hydraulic leveling system lines rupture on my new Solitude. Both failed while the camper was sitting in my shop on a concrete floor in a temperature controlled environment. The first failure occurred shortly after I purchased the unit and the dealer replaced the line with a locally made higher quality line. Yesterday I noticed a puddle of hydraulic fluid on the floor and discovered a second line had ruptured. This line was easy to access so I pulled it out and had NAPA make me a new line. Both ruptures occurred within one inch of the fitting where it attaches to the cylinder.

Is this a known problem? I called Lippert customer service and they said they are not aware of any ongoing problems such as I am having and suggested calling my dealer and having them inspect the lines.
    2022 Solitude GK-R
    2016 Chevrolet 2500HD SB

Originally posted by stvaughn View Post
    So far I have had two hydraulic leveling system lines rupture on my new Solitude. Both failed while the camper was sitting in my shop on a concrete floor in a temperature controlled environment. The first failure occurred shortly after I purchased the unit and the dealer replaced the line with a locally made higher quality line. Yesterday I noticed a puddle of hydraulic fluid on the floor and discovered a second line had ruptured. This line was easy to access so I pulled it out and had NAPA make me a new line. Both ruptures occurred within one inch of the fitting where it attaches to the cylinder.

Is this a known problem? I called Lippert customer service and they said they are not aware of any ongoing problems such as I am having and suggested calling my dealer and having them inspect the lines.
    I've seen a few lines fail over the years after they were aging. But this is a very unusual problem. I'd agree with Lippert that a complete inspection is warranted.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Hopefully you kept the line. Take pictures and report back to Lippert and GD as there could be an install issue creating the ruptures. Make note of any thing in the area that could have come in contact with the lines during install.

None of this is to point fingers, but to help educate MFG's as to why failures occur and help prevent them in the future.

Lippert may want the line back to investigate the failure, if you have it.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

I have kept the second failed line and will examine it tomorrow. This line is attached to the front jack and is in the LP tank compartment so there is no possibility of anything coming in contact with it.
        2022 Solitude GK-R
        2016 Chevrolet 2500HD SB

Comment

Working...
        X