OneControl app to manually control leveling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OneControl app to manually control leveling

I have used the OneControl app on my phone to manually extend the leveling system one side or corner at a time. I do not see how to lower though, everything I do just raises the trailer higher. What am I missing? I was manually raising to take pressure off the suspension before greasing.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike & Nancy
    2021 GMC 3500 AT4 CC SB
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R

Each corner or side (depending on which manual mode you have selected) has 4 pairs of buttons. The pairs are one square with white arrows pointing inward, which is to retract, and the other has green arrows pointing outward to extend.

There are some justified gripes over the One Control app but I will say that I really like having the leveling controls available on my phone at times.
    David and Deana
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
    2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive Gooseneck Hitch

Comment

That is what I was expecting to see similar to how the slides work. I took a couple of screen captures to show what the app looks like on the manual mode page on my iPhone. I only see the green outward arrows.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.png
Views:	532
Size:	275.2 KB
ID:	93247
      Attached Files
      Mike & Nancy
      2021 GMC 3500 AT4 CC SB
      2022 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

manderson -- borrow a friend's Android, load up the App, and see if the issue persists. Maybe the issue is related to the iPhone.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Here's my Android screen shot.
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I'm on android as well, and have the same layout as manderson but with the extra buttons. Screenshot attached.
            Attached Files
            David and Deana
            2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
            2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive Gooseneck Hitch

Comment

Try changing the color scheme on the iPhone. Might be that the buttons are all white and not visible (I've seen strange things like this before).
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

I find the app kind of "buggy" on my iPhone. I open the app, enter the pin, but then it doesn't connect to anything or the screen does not show all features (greyed out). I close the app, re-launch, enter the pin and all is well. It's strange.
                Ken & Sandra
                2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

Comment

I guess since this is new to us I should verify that I am using the correct app. On my phone it is named: OneControl. Is there more than one application? I may try deleting the app and downloading it again to see if that does anything. I will go out later and wake the trailer up and do some more testing. I also don't have a PIN setup, I will add one and see if that makes a difference.
                  Mike & Nancy
                  2021 GMC 3500 AT4 CC SB
                  2022 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

My app is called Compass Connect.
                    Ted
                    2021 Reflection 310RLS
                    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

TedS I am new to Grand Design but from what I have read it seems like the Reflection and Solitude use different systems. I found the naming confusing at first because of this.
                      Mike & Nancy
                      2021 GMC 3500 AT4 CC SB
                      2022 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

I did delete the app from my phone and download it again adding my trailer. It still looks the way it did before with now way to lower the trailer.
                        Mike & Nancy
                        2021 GMC 3500 AT4 CC SB
                        2022 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Originally posted by manderson View Post
                          I did delete the app from my phone and download it again adding my trailer. It still looks the way it did before with now way to lower the trailer.
                          I use the same app with the same controls for my Momentum. It's not super intuitive but once you set it to manual mode, you need to select either "-" or "+" first and then select the appropriate jacks. As long as the plus or minus sign is highlighted, that is the direction of the jacks when you press the front, left, right, and rear buttons. If you want to lower the trailer, you need to set to manual mode, then select the minus sign, and then select the jacks you want to retract; front is front two together, rear is rear 4 together, right is right two rear together, and left is left two rear together (for a six point system).
                          2020 Momentum 349M
                          2019 F350 Platinum Super Duty
                          U.S. Air Force Retired

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
                            Here's my Android screen shot.
                            I have the same screen on android.

SATA Adventurers
                            Steve and Tina
                            2021 Reflection 337RLS
                            2024 Chev Silverado 2500HD, Andersen ultimate

Comment

First off, I have both and on the Ground Control 3 electric jack system, the screens are as shown. Not having the HYDRAULIC leveling system as the OP, I cannot attest to the interface. I would suspect as another user has posted a similar arrangement to the OP that the HYDRAULIC leveling system uses a DIFFERENT GUI than the HYDRAULIC ONE.

If the OP has access to a different device, say iPad or Android Table, try installing the app on the device to see if the buttons on the screen change.
                              Joseph
                              Tow
                              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                              X