Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing a Lippert 3.0 landing gear from 4 point to 6 point.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing a Lippert 3.0 landing gear from 4 point to 6 point.

Good Morning ,
    We just purchased a 2023 337RLS with the 3.0 4 point landing gear system. I have 2 new rear landing gear from Grand Design that were on my 2021 260RD (incorrectly installed at the factory) sitting in boxes in the basement. Can I add these as center stabilizers and turn my 4 point into a 6 point system. Will the software be able to be re configured etc. Or should I just get some after market stabilizer jacks. Be a shame not to be able to use these.
    Gundealer
    2022 F250 and 2023 337RLS

Going to watch this thread. I do not know the answer but will watch your progress. I would think it would really help the moving of rv when people walk around.....keep us posted
    2018 337RLS
    720w solar, 100/50 scc 1500w psw 2 battleborn
    disc brakes, ems

Comment

Find the controller for the system. If there are not plugs for the center jacks, you will need a new controller.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Unfortunately I have the controller with only 4 plugs so I would need a new one. Also would need the wiring harness and the brackets holding the jacks welded to the frame. Sounds like a lot of work to me. I'll keep the jacks as spares I guess and buy a couple of portable jacks to use as stabilizers. Personally I think at 35'6" the 337 should have come with six jacks. I just ordered the stabilizers from Steady Fast so they should help. I had them on my 260RD and they worked very well.
        Gundealer
        2022 F250 and 2023 337RLS

Comment

Working...
        X