Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best riser block to use with leveling jacks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best riser block to use with leveling jacks?

Hello I have rubber "snap pads" on my four 9" round leveling jack feet on our new Reflection 280RS. It has the auto-leveling system. The snap pads add some diameter but I have not measured, probably 10-11" now. I've seen the nice round red plastic blocks and other square brands, but they are made for 9" round foot. Has anyone used a good product for jacks with the wider snap pads added?
    BTW - new 280RS, rear jack failure d days after purchase. Very aggravating

. Click image for larger version

Name:	snap pads.JPG
Views:	991
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	94522
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 280RS, 2022 GMC 3500 Denali crew cab 4x4 6.6L Turbo Diesel, empty wallet.

I use 6" x 6" x 12" long treated post left overs. I have also used just a piece of 2 x 10 x 12 treated. I use these because sometimes we are camped and the ground is not very level and the jacks only have so much stroke. The 2 x 10's are also used for side to side leveling under the tires. Others use the plastic lego blocks.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

https://gdrvowners.com/tools-parts-o...k-needed/page3 Post 31 is what I use under my leveling jacks. They are a bit overbuilt, but they are 8 years old and just replaced the bottom boards on a couple of them due to dry rot. Front ones are 1 layer taller than the back ones and on level ground, the rear ones have plenty of clearance for getting them in place. Nice thing is you can customize the size for what ever diameter your jack foot is, I think mine are 11.5" square.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thank you all! I think I will just build a stackable 2x6 double or 2x12 treated solution.
        2022 Reflection 150 Series 280RS, 2022 GMC 3500 Denali crew cab 4x4 6.6L Turbo Diesel, empty wallet.

Comment

I made these for our trailer, as well as some friends, and they have worked great on pavement, grass, gravel, and even sand.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220220_152937__01.jpg
Views:	643
Size:	251.2 KB
ID:	94865
          2021 Reflection 278BH
          2002 GMC 2500HD

Comment

Todd, I like those, what did you make them from?
            tks
            Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
              https://gdrvowners.com/tools-parts-o...k-needed/page3 Post 31 is what I use under my leveling jacks. They are a bit overbuilt, but they are 8 years old and just replaced the bottom boards on a couple of them due to dry rot. Front ones are 1 layer taller than the back ones and on level ground, the rear ones have plenty of clearance for getting them in place. Nice thing is you can customize the size for what ever diameter your jack foot is, I think mine are 11.5" square.
              I second this approach as they can multitask too - jacking pads. I need to build two or 4 myself.
              Keith
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog3162 View Post
                Todd, I like those, what did you make them from?
                tks
                Rob
                I bonded a piece of 5051 1/4" Aluminum between two pieces of 3/4" rubber stall mat.
                2021 Reflection 278BH
                2002 GMC 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Todd_P View Post

I bonded a piece of 5051 1/4" Aluminum between two pieces of 3/4" rubber stall mat.
                  Tod - If I may ask how did you bond them? I don't see any fasteners in your photo. Can you also post the size? I'm guessing 16" square from the photo.

Thanks
                  Keith
                  2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Tod - If I may ask how did you bond them? I don't see any fasteners in your photo. Can you also post the size? I'm guessing 16" square from the photo.

Thanks
                    Keith
                    They are 12" x 12" and I used a heat activated adhesive to bond it all together.
                    2021 Reflection 278BH
                    2002 GMC 2500HD

Comment

Those are great isolators, but the question was about riser block. I do like the rubber pad with the plate for the rocks like you show.

My goal with the blocks I have was to minimize stick out of the jack to increase stability.
                      Joseph
                      Tow
                      South of Houston Texas

Comment

We've been happy with the Camco 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 blocks from the start. Readily available, easy storage, light weight, don't absorb water, and provides for 1" adjustment. We use them under the jacks (typically, we have 5 under each landing jack and 3 under each stabilizer) and under the tires when the site has a significant cross slope or when we want to keep the tires out of puddled water. We've also used them under the stair steps (again when the cross slope is significant), and to help support the sewer line.

We have had gravel get stuck in the openings and had to trim the edges when damaged by rocks, but over all have been satisfied with them.
                        John
                        2018 Momentum 395M
                        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

JBill9694 Not practical for long term, but when there are small rocks and I was using the travel blocks, I turned them upside down to help keep them from getting damaged on the edges. This is also why I built the blocks I have now.
                          Joseph
                          Tow
                          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Not sure what you mean by not practical for long term, Jlawles2. Going on 5 years of full time, often set up for months at a time, and still have the first stack of blocks we bought.
                            John
                            2018 Momentum 395M
                            2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                            Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

JBill9694 Not practical because they hold water. Other than that upside down works very well.

I have 2 sets of blocks due to our first TT having the wide spread axles and trying to get on and off of them was a pain along with the completely useless stabilizers that would barely reach the ground when parked on a level slab.
                              Joseph
                              Tow
                              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                              X