Errore with AutoLevel sequence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errore with AutoLevel sequence

Early 2022 Momentum 381M. We encountered an error in the AutoLeveling function:
    - pickup unhooked and pulled out from under trailer
    - trailer is in the Hitch Height position and connected to external power
    - initiate Auto Level (AL) from the QuickLevel side panel
    - the Front Stabilizers retract, dropping the front of the trailer to near ground level
    - as the the Front Stabilizers had clearly retracted well below level, I aborted AL sequence
    - I didn't see any error lights on QuickLevel panel.

Other notes:
    - The Manual leveling works via the Compass Connect App although Auto Level function encountered the same response with retraction of the Front Stabilizers
    - The level bubble via the Compass Connect App had the trailer feeling level after the manual leveling, so the level sensor appears to be functional
    - The One-Touch Control panel was reset without solution to the Auto Level function
    - In the past, I've re-zeroed/calibrated the Level state using an external level on the floor and Auto Level had successfully leveled the trailer through dozens of cycles

It seems, based on response, that the front of the trailer is recognized as high, the controller is sequencing to drop the front end to seek that initial level, but the front drops way below level and continues downward motion. I frankly aborted the AL sequence without letting the Front Stabilizers fully retract as the trailer was way too low. The "malfunction" suddenly occurred while on our latest adventure, where the Auto Level worked one night but then didn't the next, after a 400 mile pull. I've search the documentation we have and the on-line Lippert manual but couldn't find a suitable troubleshooting / reset reference.

Is there a control reset other than the One Touch panel?
    Last edited by pauly1; 10-16-2022, 09:42 AM. Reason: Edited for spelling.

WIth the auto level system it has been noted that several things occur creating this type of issue.

1. Verify that the front and rear sensors are still tightly fastened to their supports.
    2. Manually level the rig and reset the zero position. Several have had the brain loose the "zero" setting. Most of the time the "zero" is off a bit. I like to set the 5er a touch nose high and curb side high to force the AC's to drip off the street side and rear as much as possible.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

pauly1, the front nose drop is by design. I believe it is engineered in so that one does not hit "auto level" while still hitched to truck. If the front can't drop, system will not enter auto level mode, and will display an error message (don't ask how I know ) Sometimes, it does seem to drop excessively, but I have never had a problem. Second trailer with this system. Joseph's suggestion of a zero reset is good idea; they do tend to lose their way over time.
      Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
      2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
      2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
      2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
      Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

pauly1 I agree with DarnDave, my early 2022 Solitude does exactly what you have stated yours is doing. At times I think it is not going to actually be level but letting it go through its process it seems to always go to where I have set zero. I did re-set zero so it is slightly nose and curbside high.
        Scott & Mikaela
        2022 375 RES
        2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Working...
        X