Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Wobble in XLS 22MLE

Hello All!

I am a first-time GD owner, moved from a 19' Coleman to the Imagine XLS 22MLE this past January. No real major issues other than the usual "why the hell would they do it like that" but I do have a major wobble issue. Now my Coleman had a bit of shake when walking inside but I purchased those "x" chocks and it pretty much went away. Since moving into the GD, the wobble is awful and I cannot seem to figure out how to minimize it!

I've been looking at JT's Strong Arm Stabilizer Kit from Lippert, but didn't want to spend the money or my time installing it if it doesn't work. Does anyone have experience with this product or maybe something else that can help!!!​
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE, 2024 Chevy Silverado 2500 LT Crew Cab 4x4 6.6L Gas

The Strong Arms work, but before you go further, experiment with a little more or a little less pressure on your stabilizers, and adding blocking under all the stabilizers to reduce their extension.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Jkwilson Thanks! I will try adding a little more/less pressure. But will adding more blocks just make the blocks wobbly rather than the stablizers?

Comment

Originally posted by Jpooler View Post
        Jkwilson Thanks! I will try adding a little more/less pressure. But will adding more blocks just make the blocks wobbly rather than the stablizers?
        I have the steadyfast system on my 5th wheel - works very well and easy to use. http://www.steadyfast.com/

Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Jpooler if you have the scissor style stabilizers, the farther they are extended the less stability they have. The stiff drop leg ones get better, but again the closer to vertical, the less side to side they offer.

Newer campers with multiple slides tend to be frame higher than some of the older style units before slides became the "norm". Our first TT the front stabilizers barely reached the ground and the rear ones were even worse. Like you I fought movement. Found that a purpose built set of wooden blocks or the lego style ones helped along with good wheel chocks. X-chocks were not a good option as the trailer had the extended axle spacing.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jpooler View Post
            The blocks have a wider base.
            John & Kathy
            2014 Reflection 303RLS
            2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

The JT's work well on our 303RLS.
              2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
              Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

We too have JT Strong Arms (front and rear) from day one dealer installed and they work extremely well on our vintage 303. We've even held dance parties in the RV and even the unbrellas in the drinks stay still.

Dan
                Dan & Carol
                2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Canyonlight Scott'n'Wendy Jkwilson Jlawles2 Yoda

Thanks everyone for giving me your knowledge and experience! I'll try using more blocks first, then look into a bracing system like the strong arms or the steadyfast. I update this thread as I progress with tackling this issue!!

Comment

Question for you folks that have JT Strong Arms and the SteadyFast system. Can it be installed on jacks that are installed diagonal to the frame? Moryde rep at Cleveland RV show said I would have to square up my scissor jacks to use their X-Brace system. Moving the stabilizers is withing the scope of my abilities but beyond the scope of my ambition
                    Jonathon, Sarah, Things 1, 2, & 3 Higham
                    2020 Silverado 1500
                    2021 Transcend Xplor 297QB

Comment

jwhigham I believe the reason the stabilizers have to be square has to do with the way the stabilizer brace ties back to the frame. On a diagonal, the stabilizer foot is not square to the frame and thus the brace will not attach properly.

I would imagine if someone had enough energy and ambition with the proper tools, they could make a sub foot for the jack foot that made it square to the frame for the stabilizer to attach to.
                      Joseph
                      Tow
                      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                      South of Houston Texas

Comment

I put JT Strongarms on our 2014 337 fifthwheel. They worked great for one day. Then the FW went up in smoke. But that had nothing to do with the JT Strongarms.

Jim
                        Jim and Ginnie
                        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
                        X