Leveling shows locked and no power ast touch control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leveling shows locked and no power ast touch control

My tire linc was not giving me a reading and then i tried accessing the leveling on the qpp, it shows it is locked. I went to the touch control and it will not come on. I found out that i cannot get the jacks to work as well. Does anyone have any suggestions. We are planning on packing up and leaving in the morning
    Michael Skiba
    Reflection 367BHS
    Ford Superduty diesel

Skiba -- any other indications of a power problem (lights work OK?). Are you plugged in at a campsite or boondocking?

Update: A lot of good inputs in this thread--please read all the responses!

Not an expert by any means but given the symptoms presented (and absent other details) the first thing that came to mind is to turn everything off (by removing shore power and disconnecting the negative on the battery). The trailer should go completely dark. Let it sit for a minute or two, then reattach the negative on the battery, then plug back in to shore power.

What might be happening is the OneControl thinks the trailer is in motion (why I don't know) and has locked itself out. (There's a input into the board that, when set, locks out the controls.)

Is there a reset somewhere? Without a signature line (documenting your trailer) it's hard to guess what configuration you have. The more info you provide the easier it is for someone to help. If you want to setup you sig line, info here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/gdrv4li...-to-your-posts

I did a quick search of the forum for something else related to the OneControl issue that might be related but came up empty. Hopefully someone with more knowledge chimes in.

Please report back when you get a chance with what fixes the issue.

Howard
    Last edited by howson; 10-22-2022, 04:44 PM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks Howard,
      We are currently on shore power. I will try to shut everything down in the morning and disconnect shore power as suggested. I have a Reflection 367BHS. everything else is powered and working fine. I will update my signature line when i figure it out. Thanks for your input
      Michael Skiba
      Reflection 367BHS
      Ford Superduty diesel

Comment

One other thing to check is the power to the controller. Since several circuits may be banks together, it may have a blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

I have no blown fuses but could have some inline I don't know about. Thanks for our input
          Michael Skiba
          Reflection 367BHS
          Ford Superduty diesel

Comment

Mine will lock up if it “thinks” it is in motion. I have discovered that when my 2020 Superduty is connected to my phone via Bluetooth and moving (hooking up to our 5th wheel) I am locked out of leveling, awnings and slides. It didn’t do this prior to syncing the app to my truck which I did to allow for tire linc messages and warnings. In order to override you supposedly can go in and touch the One Control screen in your rv and it will cancel the in motion shut down temporarily. I haven’t ever cancelled it I just don’t use the app during hooking up. My screen sometimes won’t come on via touch and have to press and hold the button below the screen.
            Scott & Mikaela
            2022 375 RES
            2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Sandridge4 There is a link to the brake / rear marker lights on the trailer to the Unity board. Anytime power is applied to the circuit, it triggers the lock and you have to either use the manual buttons inside the camper or the touch panel to over ride the lock out.

As most new vehicles trigger the parking lights when the key is on or the door is opened, it triggers the lock when the camper is plugged in to the TV.

To the OP, by chance are you using one of the bridging plugs that turns on the marker lights and brake lights on the camper when parked? This will trigger the lock and you cannot get out of it until it is removed.
              Joseph
              Tow
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                Sandridge4 There is a link to the brake / rear marker lights on the trailer to the Unity board. Anytime power is applied to the circuit, it triggers the lock and you have to either use the manual buttons inside the camper or the touch panel to over ride the lock out.

As most new vehicles trigger the parking lights when the key is on or the door is opened, it triggers the lock when the camper is plugged in to the TV.

To the OP, by chance are you using one of the bridging plugs that turns on the marker lights and brake lights on the camper when parked? This will trigger the lock and you cannot get out of it until it is removed.
                Since the last update a few months ago mine locks up prior to the TV being hooked up, usually get the notification while I am making the last final hitch height adjustments and my wife is backing the truck up. Since there are two of us I have learned to transition to the controls in the utility bay for those adjustments. My situation may be different than others since the One Control app is now installed in my truck.
                Scott & Mikaela
                2022 375 RES
                2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

I wonder if the truck link is tripping the system.
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

On our last outing I had a problem of being locked out of one control. Nothing I did helped. Out of frustration I shut the phone off. After turning the phone back on, all worked as it should. Go figure.
                    Dennis
                    Dennis & Sharon
                    2019 GMC 2500HD Denali
                    2022 Reflection 303RLS

Comment

Originally posted by D&S-303 View Post
                      On our last outing I had a problem of being locked out of one control. Nothing I did helped. Out of frustration I shut the phone off. After turning the phone back on, all worked as it should. Go figure.
                      Dennis
                      Based on your input (as well as the others above) the problem does seem to be related to the app. Your input is a simple one and should be tried first IMHO.
                      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Mine doesn't seem to have power to the one control panel in the basement and the outside raise and lower controls do not work as well. I called Lippert and we took the control panel off the wall and she had me only using 1 red probe from the multimeter check for ohms. I had no reading...wouldn't i need to use both leads from the multimeter? ? Shouldn't we check if the one control panel was getting power? I am going to dig into this further and maybe get another tech to get another opinion. She simply wrote off the one control panel and i needed to replace it. I had to manually retract the jacks and raise the front to hook. That was a bear to do.
                        Michael Skiba
                        Reflection 367BHS
                        Ford Superduty diesel

Comment

To measure almost anything with a multi meter you need 2 probes. On the unity board (Howard is probably knows more about these than I do), there should be a positive in and a ground or negative. If you can measure the voltage across these 2 terminals that will tell you if the board is getting power.

Ohms are a method to determine resistance or in a more simple application conductivity (meaning is the wire or connection complete).

If you post a picture of the unity board members here will help you determine what to check and can also help by using wire colors.
                          Joseph
                          Tow
                          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Skiba View Post
                            Mine doesn't seem to have power to the one control panel in the basement and the outside raise and lower controls do not work as well. I called Lippert and we took the control panel off the wall and she had me only using 1 red probe from the multimeter check for ohms. I had no reading...wouldn't i need to use both leads from the multimeter? ? Shouldn't we check if the one control panel was getting power? I am going to dig into this further and maybe get another tech to get another opinion. She simply wrote off the one control panel and i needed to replace it. I had to manually retract the jacks and raise the front to hook. That was a bear to do.
                            I suspect there was some miscommunication. Yes, both leads must be connected to something to do a continuity check. If the Lippert tech was referencing a troubleshooting chart or document, please ask for the reference and where we can get a copy.

Comment

I specifically asked her "just 1 probe"? she said yes red to red. I didn't think it was right. I will be at my next location for 4 days and i can check deeper and see if it is in fact getting power.
                              Michael Skiba
                              Reflection 367BHS
                              Ford Superduty diesel

Comment

Working...
                              X