Furnace Air Flow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furnace Air Flow

I have a 2020 380FL-R with ducted heat. The air flow to the rear of the trailer seems to be extremely low and will not properly heat the rear rest room or bed room. Has anyone found a good solution to this issue. I have measured the air flow and find the rear outlets are supplying about 150 ft/min while the front outlets are supplying almost 700 ft/min.

Please give me thoughts.

Thanks,

My new 2020 Reflection has just the opposite issue. My front outlets under the island have very little flow and the bedroom and compartment pass thru underneath have excess heat to the point where I can't touch the metal duct work in pass thru. I took down the compartment wall and tried to look around in there with the furnace running. I could feel hot air moving around but the ducts looked like they were all attached to the furnace. As you may know, it is extremely messy back in there, wires and plumbing everywhere and just tossed together. When I get the chance, I am going to pull the vents in the island and see if there is some blockage or if the duct work is not connected. On a previous trailer, the furthest vent was connected with about 15 feet of extra duct hose which had been crammed in under the floor. After shortening the hose, the air flow became normal and more balanced with the rest.
    Good luck with your trouble shooting.
    John and Karyn
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Comment

Originally posted by Firemar View Post
      I have a 2020 380FL-R with ducted heat. The air flow to the rear of the trailer seems to be extremely low and will not properly heat the rear rest room or bed room. Has anyone found a good solution to this issue. I have measured the air flow and find the rear outlets are supplying about 150 ft/min while the front outlets are supplying almost 700 ft/min.

Please give me thoughts.

Thanks,
      Hello and welcome to the forum.

If the information accessible to me is correct, the configuration of your trailer is something like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	374th.JPG
Views:	626
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	10185

The issue should be obvious--the further away from the furnace the less airflow.

An option is to replace the 4" vents close to the furnace dampered units. Here's an example (there's a video on the page explaining how it works): https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Vents-an...2HV4DTN-A.html

Howard

P.S. Please post a follow-up with what you decide to try and/or what resolved your issue.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Firemar

My experience with this (on our Reflection 303) is that the design of the system is correct. The execution of this design may leave something to be desired. As I went through our furnace air distribution system, I found crushed flex tubing, mismatched flange to hole in the ductwork and an open ductwork end that should have been clamped closed. "Adjusting" everything back to "design intent" made a huge improvement to balanced heat throughout the entire trailer.

I know . . . this should absolutely not be necessary on a new trailer . . . but, it is what it is. "Design intent" (and the mismatches) will be fairly obvious as you work through the ductwork connections.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks for the information, Glad to know I'm not alone on this. I contacted Customer Service and Christine gave me the pre-authorization to get my dealer moving on the issue. Waiting on a date to get my unit into their shop. Will keep you posted.

Firemar

Comment

One more thing. The air flow is not reducing as we go toward the rear of the trailer as I pass the vents. The island grille has less flow than the middle toilet room and the bedroom has less than the rear toilet room. i am getting less than 150 ft/min in the bedroom, while getting 600 - 700 in the front rooms.

Firemar

Comment

Working...
            X