Cable Connectons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable Connectons

I'm having a problem accessing Cable television broadcasts on my TV in our bedroom. I have a 2020 230 RL that was pre-wired for cable or satellite in the bedroom, but I'm unsure of how to connect the COAX in the basement.
    Any advice is appreciated.
    2020 150 Series Reflection 230RLS
    2021 Sliverado 2500HD LT 6.6L Gas

circusuno

First make sure that the antenna booster is off, there should be no light on the booster with button out.

I think on ours cable works best on the SAT connection on the Nautilus panel, if I remember correctly, mine may be wire wrong but it is worth a try to check both connections to see if one works. Also make sure you pick the correct input on the tv.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

thanks I've done those things except I haven't tried the O/S connector. I'll keep working on it.
      2020 150 Series Reflection 230RLS
      2021 Sliverado 2500HD LT 6.6L Gas

Comment

My problem always seems to be that I set the television incorrectly.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Also check that connections on the in-trailer connections are tight. This involves pulling the boxes out of the wall and accessing the back of the of connector for the external panel.
          John
          2018 Momentum 395M
          2018 Ram 3500 Dually
          Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
            circusuno

First make sure that the antenna booster is off, there should be no light on the booster with button out.

I think on ours cable works best on the SAT connection on the Nautilus panel, if I remember correctly, mine may be wire wrong but it is worth a try to check both connections to see if one works. Also make sure you pick the correct input on the tv.

Brian
            Correct me if I'm wrong, but the coax cable with the inline antenna amplifier goes directly to the over the air antenna. It would not be used for cable or satellite. I would assume most trailers are wired with a run of coax that is straight through from the outside connectors to the inside connectors, and are intended for satellite or cable use. On my Reflection these F type fittings are labeled and found on the Nautilus panel.

Also make sure the input of you TV receiver is in the correct mode.
            2020 Reflection 273MK
            2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

circusuno -- not sure it's applicable or will help with your diagnosis, but there is a diagram of my 315's coax here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ram-19-315rlts

Howard
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the coax cable with the inline antenna amplifier goes directly to the over the air antenna. It would not be used for cable or satellite. I would assume most trailers are wired with a run of coax that is straight through from the outside connectors to the inside connectors, and are intended for satellite or cable use. On my Reflection these F type fittings are labeled and found on the Nautilus panel.

Also make sure the input of you TV receiver is in the correct mode.
                You are not wrong but if the booster is on it may cause interference.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

You are not wrong but if the booster is on it may cause interference.

Brian
                  How? I know my OTA amplifier stays on all the time and it's never presented interference with my sat signal on different coax run. I seldom if ever connect to cable but curious how amp would interfere? I guess if it were a much more more powerful amp and the coax from the OTA antenna were laying against it you could get some RF floating around, but that's not the case on trailers. But, with the OP, anythings worth a try.
                  2020 Reflection 273MK
                  2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

The way the booster works, 2 lines come in the back, one from antenna, one from say cable. When turned on, it disconnects the cable side and connects the other (I think that's what I determined when looking at the new one that came with the replacement antenna). That little push button switch is BUSY on the PC board.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Joseph is right, the sat feeds should pass through directly from the port in the wet bay to the jack in the rig. The cable feed goes up to the antenna amp and uses that as a distribution block. If the power button is on it passes antenna if it's off it passes cable. FYI this means no FM antenna when watching cable.
                      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

This gives me another spring project. With the belly open I should map the cables and check the connections. I have found them loose before. I never really use the tv or even the radio much, but it would be good to know how everything connects and where it goes.

Keith
                        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda Keith, the rabbit hole never ends. That light at the end is your eyes playing tricks on you.
                          Joseph
                          Tow
                          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                          X