Furrion Fireplace Thermal Fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion Fireplace Thermal Fuse

When we left on our last trip the outside temperature was around 30F. So I turned on the electric fireplace while packing. The fan due to cold friction did not run fast enough and the heater came on, blowing the thermal fuse.

Furrion recommends replacing the fireplace, for my error.

The thermostat, blower, heater elements all work now at 60'F, with the fuse bypassed. WHICH I WILL DO FOR ONLY TESTING. I find it hard to believe that the fuse is a none replaceable part.

Does anybody know what the specifications are for the fuse? ie temperature, voltage and current? I am thinking 50'C 120 VAC & 12 Amps.

I know most thermal fuses are a couple of dollars.

Bob

Bob & Jan Norwood Ontario
    2017 GD Reflection 307MKS
    2020 Ford F250 SD

Ogre -- there's no markings on the fuse itself? Try taking a picture of it and then zooming in (either on your phone or with the pic on a computer).
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I finally got around to pulling the fireplace back out. My wife likes to have it installed, when we are staying in it.

The cut off had to be removed to read the spec.

Ping
      157' C
      SPF 152
      10A 250v
      15A 125.
      14Z

Found a pk of 10 for $6 USD on line.

I will post the results when they arrive.

Bob
      2020 Ford F250 SD

Comment

​The 10 pc of thermal cutout / fuse came in.
        Since I do not have heat sinks here, I could not silver solder the fuse in, so I used two crimp on connectors to place the fuse exactly where to old was.
        Result, the unit works as is should, and has heated this 5th wheel over the few chilly nights. Altogether about 10 min. to install.

Bob
        2020 Ford F250 SD

Comment

Working...
        X