Samsung Residential Refrigerator and Inverter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung Residential Refrigerator and Inverter

Hello RV newbie here. 2021 Solitude 390RK-R. Solar and Inverter installed at factory. Trying to sus out why my refrigerator will not run when disconnected from shore power? Lost power the other day and noted my Samsung residential refrigerator was not working. I assumed the inverter and battery would keep it running but maybe not. I checked to see that thew inverter was on and it was not. So i turned it on, no error lights. Checked that the battery switches were also on but still no luck Any insight would be appreciated

Check to make sure that you have good voltage at the battery, you are looking for above 12.2 v dc for a good battery, anything below that is a bad battery.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

slmcmasterpac - Have you run the refrigerator via the inverter in the past? The reason I ask is to verify that it's actually wired to run that way.

I second Brian's comments on checking battery voltage. Once you confirm battery voltage, then I'd plug an electrical device directly into one of the inverter's 120V outlets (if equipped) to verify that the inverter is working. Then, check all the breakers in the RV to make sure they haven't tripped.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Sounds dumb/simple, but is the 120 volt outlet of the fridge connected to the inverter?
        Home Base: Fairfax, Virginia
        2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer
        2002 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel 4X4 SRW

Comment

I had a similar problem with my Samsung and 1K installed inverter. I think the dealership did not wire it correctly. I fixed the problem with a new GoPower transfer switch, balanced cables and a 4K inverter installed next to the batteries (which is where inverters should be installed). First plan is to check the wiring of your inverter. Most of the 1K inverters do work to run the Samsung while you are traveling.

Charles
          2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

I just resolved an “open neutral” at the outlet for the Samsung fridge. Turned out to be bad connection of the neutral wire romex connection to the neutral wire output of the inverter. Sloppy connection by the factory tech.
            BUT, Yes the output of the inverter goes to the Samsung fridge outlet. The inverter is plugged into an outlet behind the false wall of the storage compartment. That outlet is on a circuit with some other outlets. With shore power, the inverter just passes the power thru directly to the fridge. if power is lost, you turn on the inverter to power only the fridge. Our unit has a remote inverter on/off switch in the upper cabinet over the coffee bar, in the same area as the kitchen ceiling exhaust fan control. Hope this helps!
            Note: I don’t believe the Inverter will turn on automatically when power is lost; I think its strictly manual to turn it on when power goes out.
            Doug & Barb
            2020 Solitude 377MBS-R
            2013 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew SB, 2WD, 3.5 EB, Stock Suspension & Michelin Tires
            No, we don’t pull the Solitude, it’s permanently parked on our campsite in SW Fla.
            Previous: Keystone Premier 31BHPR w/Equalizer 1200 WD Hitch

Comment

Some of the inverters have a GFI outlet on them, make sure the GFI is not tripped
              2020 Momentum 397 THR, 8K axles, 17.5 Coopers, 300w solar, upgraded 2800/100 inverter/charger, LiPo4 battery's Lion Energy U1300 Ceramic Coated Pepwave router
              2019 F450 Lariat Air Bags 90 gals aux Fuel, Ceramic Coated
              Full Time RV Liven the retired life
              It's 5 O' Clock Somewhere

Comment

Look in the closet in front of the entry door and make sure that the power switch is on and showing a green light light. Second check the inverter in the pass thru and make sure that it is pluffed up and in the off switch selection.
                Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                Nash County, NC
                2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
                X