MyRV Modem Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MyRV Modem Access

When I try to access the LCI MyRV Router (in my case 192.168.1.241) I receive "Request Denied". Does anyone know if there is a way to access the LCI Router? I'd like to change the SSID to something more meaningful to me than MyRV_xxxxxxxxxxx.

Are you trying this via wifi or LAN cable? System changes are sometimes not allowed via wifi. Try with a computer and Ethernet cable if that’s not how you are doing it.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

WiFi. i.e. I've connected my Laptop to the MyRV_xxx Router via WiFi and would like to access it's admin screens via it's IP.

Comment

Originally posted by <HT View Post
        When I try to access the LCI MyRV Router (in my case 192.168.1.241) I receive "Request Denied". Does anyone know if there is a way to access the LCI Router? I'd like to change the SSID to something more meaningful to me than MyRV_xxxxxxxxxxx.
        I'm not familiar with the LCI gear but 192.168.1.241 sounds like an odd IP address for a router. Did you try 192.168.1.1? That's more of a default IP for a router. 192.168.1.241 is more like the address of one of the clients.

Terry
        Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
        2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
        2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

Yes, I tried 192.168.1.1. Same response (Request not allowed)

Comment

Have you done a tracert to a know site watching the hops? How did you get the IP address of 192.168.1.241?

I've seen an owned routers with 192.168.1.254; 10.0.0.1; 10.0.0.254 and a few other IP addresses. Have you tried any of the 254 addresses?
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by <HT View Post
              I'm a bit confused by the terminology being used. I see on Lippert's site that there's a "Cloud Gateway", "Cellular Gateway" a "WiFi Gateway Hub", a "OneControl Hotspot RV Wi-Fi Kit"...it's really confusing. none of them (that I can find) use the term "router".

Can you provide a link to the lci1.com site to the exact component you're referencing?

Click image for larger version

Name:	gateway.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	104376

Name:	WiFi Gateway Hub.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	104377

Name:	Wi-Fi Kit.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	104378
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

I'm a bit confused by the terminology being used. I see on Lippert's site that there's a "Cloud Gateway", "Cellular Gateway" a "WiFi Gateway Hub", a "OneControl Hotspot RV Wi-Fi Kit"...it's really confusing. none of them (that I can find) use the term "router".

Can you provide a link to the lci1.com site to the exact component you're referencing?

The one labeled “Cellular Gateway” has multiple Ethernet ports and a wifi antenna. Likely has router functionality

John & Kathy
                2014 Reflection 303RLS
                2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Looking at the picture, the WIFI Gateway would be the wireless router. Note it has an SSID and PW.

The Cellular gateway with the twin antennae is the "modem" portion and may or may not contain WIFI.

Note in the first pic by Howard, the WIFI gateway is under the Cellular gateway and looks like 1 unit when it's 2. Note the loop yellow and black lines from top row to bottom row in the pic.
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                  Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

@HT
                    The LCI router address should be 192.168.1.2 If you change the SSID you MUST keep MyRV_ otherwise the LCI system will not talk to anything. If I remember correct I think the user name is: admin and the password is: admin or maybe password, not sure of that as it's been awhile since I changed mine out for a PepWave.
                    Hope this helps
                    HJ
                    Last edited by hjmichael; 01-27-2023, 09:18 PM.
                    2020 Momentum 397 THR, 8K axles, 17.5 Coopers, 300w solar, upgraded 2800/100 inverter/charger, LiPo4 battery's Lion Energy U1300 Ceramic Coated Pepwave router
                    2019 F450 Lariat Air Bags 90 gals aux Fuel, Ceramic Coated
                    Full Time RV Liven the retired life
                    It's 5 O' Clock Somewhere

Comment

<HT, agree with the above comments. When I was updating mine, I had to connect the LAN cable from the laptop to the router directly and then log into the LCI router's OpenWRT admin interface. Additionally, the 1.1 and 1.2 addresses cannot be changed and as mentioned, you must leave the SSID "MyRV_" prefix because it's hard-coded in the app. You will not be able to use the OneControl phone/tablet app unless you retain that prefix on your SSID. You can update the value after the underscore to anything you like. For example, "MyRV_CrazyLife" will work just fine.

When I swapped out the default router with my PepWave, I had to set the Pepwave to 192.168.1.2 to match the LCI configuration. Everything including the Cloud Gateway and online web access continues to work fine.

Connect the ethernet cable and log into 192.168.1.2 with "admin" as username. You may have to accept the security warning in some browsers to get to the admin page. Once logged in, you can change the SSID, add a unique password for router access, etc.
                      2020 Momentum 349M
                      2019 F350 Platinum Super Duty
                      U.S. Air Force Retired

Comment

For reference, Lippert manufactures the electronic controls for most if not all of the RV's built in Elkhart. For Grand Design they are programmed by Lippert to the specs GD provides. Each control is built for each model so they are for the most part not interchangeable. If you have a control issue it is best to contact Lippert, they do have good support.

Brian
                        Brian & Michelle
                        2018 Reflection 29RS
                        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                        X