New 381 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 381 owner

New GD 381 owner but its our 6th Camper. We are 3 days into our maiden voyage in Athens Texas from Iowa and needing to run the furnace. First 2 days were fine and on the 3rd night with the thermostat set on 68 int continued to run until were at 78 in the kitchen area. I set the thermostat to 55 and it still wouldn't shut down. Pulled the fuze and waited 2-3 hours. Reinstalled the fuse with it still on 55 and about 3 hours later it randomly restarted. Had to pull the fuse again to get it to shut down. Seems like the control panel isn't communicating with the furnace. Pretty cold in Texas right now. Running the fireplace and went and bought an electric heater. this is 1 of about 10 problems we have had in our 1st 3 days on the road. Fridge problem, TV mount problem, 9 pieces of trim have fallen off so far, auto level went bonkers in my shop, (dealer was amazing and sent tech to my shop 3 times to rectify. Rear level sensor was installed backwards at the factory) Really concerned that the most expensive 5th wheel i have ever bought is looking to be the worst I have ever bought.

Smitty

Welcome, sorry for the issues you are having. Please reach out to Customer Service with you issues and have your VIN ready, I hope that they will help you.

There have been a few issues with the Furrion AC thermostat which has the temp sensor in the AC plenum. Do you have a small sensor peaking out from the bottom of your thermostat?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Smitty
      This forum is a group of owners (all volunteers) that strives to help other owners with DIY repairs. If you'd like to try and tackle some of the issues yourself, don't hesitate to ask for help.

Please try to keep each thread to one topic (not all 10 in one!). For more on how this forum operates, please read the Welcome Letter.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X