New GD Momentum 395MS-R ; Adding Light switches vs. LCI Touch Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GD Momentum 395MS-R ; Adding Light switches vs. LCI Touch Screen

Ok, as much as I love the technology, this LCI touchscreen is so dang slow! And using a smartphone isn't much better, by the time you unlock, open OneControl, wait for it to connect, and then do what you want to do, it's such a time waster! If I just want to turn on a the living room light I'd like to be able to hit a switch close by. I know there is a switch under the cabinet in the kitchen, but I'd like to have one in the living room. In my last rig (2021 Forest River Cedar Creek) my Firefly system had wireless switches that connected (Bluetooth I believe). Is there any options to do this on the LCI system? It would be nice to be able to have a switch close to the TV area.

Thanks,
    Randy

Originally posted by GrandRandy View Post
    Ok, as much as I love the technology, this LCI touchscreen is so dang slow! And using a smartphone isn't much better, by the time you unlock, open OneControl, wait for it to connect, and then do what you want to do, it's such a time waster! If I just want to turn on a the living room light I'd like to be able to hit a switch close by. I know there is a switch under the cabinet in the kitchen, but I'd like to have one in the living room. In my last rig (2021 Forest River Cedar Creek) my Firefly system had wireless switches that connected (Bluetooth I believe). Is there any options to do this on the LCI system? It would be nice to be able to have a switch close to the TV area.

Thanks,
    Randy
    It's a long thread and it will take you a bit to get to the answer, but if you do invest a few minutes I think you'll come away with a full understanding of the why behind the answer (the what). The suggested fix (a bluetooth triggered device) is in the thread near the end. The specific device in the thread and where to wire it in may be a dimmer, but a similar on/off device should be an option. This assumes, of course, that the OneControl output to turn the light on is left, well, on at all times.

See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...compassconnect

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
    X