Solar app will not connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar app will not connect

My solar app will not connect to my 28g. This is a brand new trailer so it’s the first time connecting. I’m pretty techie… I connected the app to the correct Bluetooth name and it says the device name, but the device status still says “device connecting” for over 15 minutes. I can’t figure out why that is the case… please help.

Originally posted by Mellowmoods View Post
    My solar app will not connect to my 28g. This is a brand new trailer so it’s the first time connecting. I’m pretty techie… I connected the app to the correct Bluetooth name and it says the device name, but the device status still says “device connecting” for over 15 minutes. I can’t figure out why that is the case… please help.
    Please post a screenshot of the app you're using and also a picture of the actual solar controller.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Here is the screenshot of the app and the controller
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is the screenshot of the app and the controller
        Attached is what I have in my files. The screenshot in the picture doesn't look like it matches what's shown in the PDF or perhaps the password is required?

Jaboni Solar Monitoring App - Grand Design.pdf

Click image for larger version  Name:	cover.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.4 KB ID:	104855
        Attached Files
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

That’s the right app… it just shows this way in dark mode on my phone. Everything is correct on my end and it finds the device in the app just like the diagram… it just doesn’t connect to the device to give me data.

Comment

That’s the right app… it just shows this way in dark mode on my phone. Everything is correct on my end and it finds the device in the app just like the diagram… it just doesn’t connect to the device to give me data.
            Only other suggestion I have it to try another phone (or tablet, etc). If it works...there's a bluetooth incompatibility with your device. If a second device doesn't work, then (most likely) the problem is with the Jaboni bluetooth dongle.

Comment

That app no longer works. Search the App Store for “Future Link”(see attached screen shot) I have the same components and they released the new app in the last few months. Future Solutions who sells and possibly is the manufacturer of the solar products you have can be contacted via email if you still have issues after installing and connecting the new app. The contact info I have is attached also.
              Attached Files
              Scott & Mikaela
              2022 375 RES
              2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

I had issues and could not connect in December after we purchased our 21G with the Jaboni and I read that the DC Home by Renogy does communicate with the controller so I downloaded it. It does connect and can read information, but that's about it. I want to try the Future Link one posted when it gets a little warmer, hopefully there is some more options in the new app.
                Current: 22" Momentum 381MS, 2020 F350 Dually 6.7 diesel, 4.10 rear 32k Reese 5th wheel hitch
                In the past: 22' Momentum 21G, 21' F150 XLT Screw 5.0 w 3.73, Andersen Hitch
                Q7 Diesel, 22" Ozark THX 1900. 11' F350 Crew, King Ranch, 8' bed, dully, 08' Weekend Warrior LED 3505 triple axle 5th wheel. 04' F250 diesel, 05' Keystone tailgater with old Reese WD hitch, no sway control

Comment

Originally posted by GreggGDMomentum View Post
                  I had issues and could not connect in December after we purchased our 21G with the Jaboni and I read that the DC Home by Renogy does communicate with the controller so I downloaded it. It does connect and can read information, but that's about it. I want to try the Future Link one posted when it gets a little warmer, hopefully there is some more options in the new app.
                  I am unsure of any other options with the new app, I am working with them as mine connects but says “deactivated” I can say that they have been fantastic to work with and have not hesitated to send new parts in an attempt to get it all to work.
                  Scott & Mikaela
                  2022 375 RES
                  2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by Sandridge4 View Post
                    That app no longer works. Search the App Store for “Future Link”(see attached screen shot) I have the same components and they released the new app in the last few months. Future Solutions who sells and possibly is the manufacturer of the solar products you have can be contacted via email if you still have issues after installing and connecting the new app. The contact info I have is attached also.
                    That was it!!! Their app no longer works. I downloaded the new app you recommended and it connected right up. :-) Thank you!

Now I just need to learn what all of the data means so that I can see when something isn't right with my 300W panels and the energy going to my two 12v batts (connected in parallel). Can someone recommend a place for a quick tutorial as to what I'm looking at or give me a quick analysis of what I'm looking at and if it looks like things are looking good? It's a brand new trailer so I don't have a basis of if everything is flowing properly.
                    Attached Files

Comment

That was it!!! Their app no longer works. I downloaded the new app you recommended and it connected right up. :-) Thank you!

Now I just need to learn what all of the data means so that I can see when something isn't right with my 300W panels and the energy going to my two 12v batts (connected in parallel). Can someone recommend a place for a quick tutorial as to what I'm looking at or give me a quick analysis of what I'm looking at and if it looks like things are looking good? It's a brand new trailer so I don't have a basis of if everything is flowing properly.
                      From your picture,
                      The top middle 39 watts is what the panel is producing.
                      Top left is the voltage the panel is producing.
                      Top right is the current the panel is producing.
                      Bottom left is your battery votlage.
                      Bottom right is the current from the battery, positive which the number in your pic is, means there is current going into the battery. If that number had a - negative sine in front of it that would mean current going out from the battery.

The middle "absorb" means this is the state of the solar charge controller which is in the "absorption" mode.

Brian

Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Since I can’t get the future solutions app to work I’m not much help there. I have have been using Renogy DC Home app to monitor. I’ll try to remember to screenshot it tomorrow and share that with you. Mine will probably show a bit more production as I have two 300 watt panels.
                        Scott & Mikaela
                        2022 375 RES
                        2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

From your picture,
                          The top middle 39 watts is what the panel is producing.
                          Top left is the voltage the panel is producing.
                          Top right is the current the panel is producing.
                          Bottom left is your battery votlage.
                          Bottom right is the current from the battery, positive which the number in your pic is, means there is current going into the battery. If that number had a - negative sine in front of it that would mean current going out from the battery.

The middle "absorb" means this is the state of the solar charge controller which is in the "absorption" mode.

Brian
                          Thank you! So... shouldn't I show 24V using two 12V batteries in parallel? I'm concerned that when it shows 14.3V that there might be an issue with one of the batteries.

Comment

Parallel means the batteries are connected + to + and - to - thus the voltage is the same. Series would be + to - between the batteries and use the non connected + and - as the output adding the battery voltages together.

https://battlebornbatteries.com/batt...s-vs-parallel/
                            Joseph
                            Tow
                            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thank you! So... shouldn't I show 24V using two 12V batteries in parallel? I'm concerned that when it shows 14.3V that there might be an issue with one of the batteries.
                              No, two 12v batteries in parallel is still 12v. Series would combine the voltage, parallel combines the capacity (which is what you want).

Neil Citro
                              2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                              2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
                              X