Solar app will not connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Could you post a picture of the control panel that is behind the cabinet door opposite the entry door? Is there items above this pane?, include those please.

Brian
    Thanks Brian. See attached pics of the control panel.

James
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowmoods View Post

Thanks Brian. See attached pics of the control panel.

James
      Oh jeez.... I'm embarassed.... it looks like the battery monitor is mixed in with my tank level monitors. I didn't notice it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowmoods View Post

Oh jeez.... I'm embarassed.... it looks like the battery monitor is mixed in with my tank level monitors. I didn't notice it.
        Yes there is a monitor there, it is not that accurate though.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Mellowmoods -- Brian is right if you think the lights on the Convenience Center are what we mean by a "Battery Monitor". They are not the same as a full-fledged battery monitor. To be blunt, IMO the lights on the Convenience Panel are next-to-useless.

Click image for larger version

Name:	this.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	105148

A lot of GD units are now coming equipped with the Furrion Battery Monitor. It's OK...but still not ideal. (Below is snip of the manual's cover.)

Name:	Furrion.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	105149

Highly recommended is a Victron BMV-712 or SmartShunt. Either of the Victron battery monitors provide a bluetooth connection through your phone using the excellent VictronConnect app. Below is a screenshot from my phone I just took of my system.

Name:	Screenshot_20230207-075256[1].jpg
Views:	225
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	105150

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
            Mellowmoods -- Brian is right if you think the lights on the Convenience Center are what we mean by a "Battery Monitor". They are not the same as a full-fledged battery monitor. To be blunt, IMO the lights on the Convenience Panel are next-to-useless.

Name:	this.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	105148

A lot of GD units are now coming equipped with the Furrion Battery Monitor. It's OK...but still not ideal. (Below is snip of the manual's cover.)

Name:	Furrion.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	105149

Highly recommended is a Victron BMV-712 or SmartShunt. Either of the Victron battery monitors provide a bluetooth connection through your phone using the excellent VictronConnect app. Below is a screenshot from my phone I just took of my system.

Name:	Screenshot_20230207-075256[1].jpg
Views:	225
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	105150

Howard

Thanks! I'll check into those... :-)

Comment

If you really want to test the battery using the panel monitor, pull the shore power and while running anything hit the battery button and watch how it comes back up within the first 1 second when you stop the draw. I do this with one of the slides moving. If it's at E when running a slide, the battery is probably dead by MFG standards.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

I have installed the new future link app but the app will not recognize my device. What next??

Comment

Originally posted by Beki View Post
                  I have installed the new future link app but the app will not recognize my device. What next??
                  I would look at the lights on your Jaboni charge controller to ensure everything is working correctly, and that the Bluetooth module (SC-BTM) is plugged into the charger controller (See attached manual). If none of that works you might try reaching out to FSI. See post #7 of this thread.
                  Attached Files
                  Scott & Mikaela
                  2022 375 RES
                  2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Working...
                  X