Haloview BT7 Wireless 1080P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haloview BT7 Wireless 1080P

I'm pretty much done with the Lippert Insight Backup camera (with the Compass Connect) that came with my 2022 303RLS. I'm looking hard at the BT7 Wireless, no side cameras.

Any thoughts on this replacement, pros or cons, from anyone that has replaced the Insight with the BT7? Was the wiring a "plug and play" or issues with mounting the camera? Not seeing a lot with the search on BT7. TIA for your time.

No issue mounting the camera. I does not use the holes that the Insight does though. Since I have a Chevy I used the voltage booster that Haloview sells and had plenty of room for the wires behind and in the BT7 mount. I could not get the Insight to work right and did not want to use my phone anyway. For not much more than the Monitor for the Insight I got the BT7 and it works great with my 31MB. Picture is crystal clear.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2526.jpg
Views:	1111
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	105375
    Nels & Vanessa
    2022 Reflection 31MB
    2022 Chevy 3500 4x4 SRW Standard Bed Duramax, BW OEM non slider hitch custom 7000 axles w dual panhard rods and G rated tires.

Comment

Thanks nprario for the info. I didn't think the mounting holes would line up with the BT7, thanks for the photo. Not sure if I would need the voltage booster, I have a 2018 RAM 2500 HD 4x4 Off Road, but good to know they have one if I need it!

Comment

I installed the BT7, with side cameras, last summer. I, too, have a RAM 2500. No boosters of any kind needed for me. I like being able to see the rear and both sides while driving - all on the same screen. As mentioned, it's not plug and play, but the install was pretty straightforward - it just isn't going to fit the existing mount or holes. I think you'll like it.

Comment

Originally posted by thawkins57 View Post
          I installed the BT7, with side cameras, last summer. I, too, have a RAM 2500. No boosters of any kind needed for me. I like being able to see the rear and both sides while driving - all on the same screen. As mentioned, it's not plug and play, but the install was pretty straightforward - it just isn't going to fit the existing mount or holes. I think you'll like it.
          Appreciate the info! I'm just going for the rear camera right now. How do you mean it's not plug and play, I understand about the mounting holes, but what's the issue with wiring? Good to know no boosters (hopefully).

Comment

Originally posted by Roadking03 View Post

Appreciate the info! I'm just going for the rear camera right now. How do you mean it's not plug and play, I understand about the mounting holes, but what's the issue with wiring? Good to know no boosters (hopefully).
            Oh, I just meant you can't just slap it up there because of the different mounting holes... it'll take a little bit of work. I don't recall there being any wiring issues.

Comment

Oh, I just meant you can't just slap it up there because of the different mounting holes... it'll take a little bit of work. I don't recall there being any wiring issues.
              Thanks for the warm fuzzy on that!

Comment

We just got the Haloview and side cameras in December. Installing the backup camera was very easy. We did purchase the Furron adapter and was hooked up in minutes. Now for the side cameras! We installed the side cameras with a trigger wire so that we could use them when we used our turn signals. Put the right turn signal on and the right camera shows UNTIL you put your foot on the brake. Once the brake is applied the monitor goes black and the system doesn't know which camera to go back to. A gentleman posted a video saying he used a Curtis converter box with his system and this fixed the problem but it didn't. This gentleman said he was going to contact Haloview with his fix. Once the converter box was installed, the turn signal would activate the correct camera, then it would automatically flip over to the opposite camera and back to the backup camera.. We could put up with this but soon discovered that the converter box kept buzzing every time we applied the brakes. We thought we might have received a bad box and purchased a second converter box, which did the same thing. We called Curtis to discuss the buzzing sound and was immediately told not to use this box. This type of box was not intended for this type of use. We were concerned the box might overheat and catch fire so we unhooked the converter box. Since Haloview is out of China, it takes a couple of days for a response. The first time I contacted Haloview about the brake issue, they told me to install a converter box. After communicating with them again, they wanted a video, which I sent. After having an RV tech look at the system and couldn't figure it out, I contacted Halowview for a third time and requested a full refund since the system did not perform as indicated with the trigger wire. Their response was, "It should be caused by the PWM power source and running light and brake light is the same wire on your vehicle, there isn't the available solution temporarily, suggest you don't use the trigger wire." They did not address my refund request. People should be aware of this flaw. While we are happy with the picture quality of the cameras, we are not a fan of viewing all three cameras on the same picture. It is disappointing that the system doesn't work with the trigger wire, even though the side cameras came with a trigger wrire.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I installed the Haloview and side cameras. It has better resolution, color, signal processing and software than my prior system. Much better in every way. I use the view with the side cameras when driving and the response time is very good.

Charles
                  2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

I have the Halo View RD7 I bought about a year ago. Works very well and simple to use. Ordered the Furrion adapter bracket for mounting. It's powered off the pigtail power source that was there behind the OE Furrion bracket. Since I'm over 30ft, I use the Halo View signal booster and I have the transmitter mounted on roof near front of RV. That reduces signal latency. Work absolutely fine. I use the velcro/bungee straps for the monitor to hang on rear view mirror. I also have the side marker light cameras, had them on another TT but have not put them on the 280RS yet. In my opinion, the side marker light mounted cameras did not provide me with enough viewing size to be useful going down the road with a triple split screen (rear/L-side/R-side). The most useful view is the full screen rear camera view while driving anyway. Splitting the screen gets too small for me. The side marker cameras were useful backing up in the desired L/R selected camera view full screen to the side I needed to see.

I also bought the Halo View portable magnet mount camera with rechargeable battery. I love that thing. I don't use it going down the road but you can put it anywhere to help you hitching up, watching your tires while backing onto leveling pads, etc. Many times I am hooking up and re-parking RV by myself at the campground or storage lot and it is tight. That camera really helps me. If I arrive at the campsite alone and need to back onto my Lynx leveling pads I just set that camera on the ground with a side view of the tires and it helps me get on the pads to the distance I want without rolling off the pads due to a lack of depth perspective in the mirrors. So easy. It transmits to the same Halo View monitor so you can toggle-select it, or any camera, full screen size to see best. I made a temporary short bracket setup I can clamp from under the trailer to set that camera on for the passenger side / blindside back-ins when I am worried about the far left rear corner clearing obstacles laterally on the swing. I may mount my set of Halo View side marker cameras to the 280RS but I just have not gotten around to it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220816_175341.jpg
Views:	1061
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	108247 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220816_175419.jpg
Views:	919
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	108248
                    2022 Reflection 150 Series 280RS, 2022 GMC 3500 Denali crew cab 4x4 6.6L Turbo Diesel, empty wallet.

Comment

Originally posted by Robyn Mitts View Post
                      We just got the Haloview and side cameras in December. Installing the backup camera was very easy. We did purchase the Furron adapter and was hooked up in minutes. Now for the side cameras! We installed the side cameras with a trigger wire so that we could use them when we used our turn signals. Put the right turn signal on and the right camera shows UNTIL you put your foot on the brake. Once the brake is applied the monitor goes black and the system doesn't know which camera to go back to. A gentleman posted a video saying he used a Curtis converter box with his system and this fixed the problem but it didn't. This gentleman said he was going to contact Haloview with his fix. Once the converter box was installed, the turn signal would activate the correct camera, then it would automatically flip over to the opposite camera and back to the backup camera.. We could put up with this but soon discovered that the converter box kept buzzing every time we applied the brakes. We thought we might have received a bad box and purchased a second converter box, which did the same thing. We called Curtis to discuss the buzzing sound and was immediately told not to use this box. This type of box was not intended for this type of use. We were concerned the box might overheat and catch fire so we unhooked the converter box. Since Haloview is out of China, it takes a couple of days for a response. The first time I contacted Haloview about the brake issue, they told me to install a converter box. After communicating with them again, they wanted a video, which I sent. After having an RV tech look at the system and couldn't figure it out, I contacted Halowview for a third time and requested a full refund since the system did not perform as indicated with the trigger wire. Their response was, "It should be caused by the PWM power source and running light and brake light is the same wire on your vehicle, there isn't the available solution temporarily, suggest you don't use the trigger wire." They did not address my refund request. People should be aware of this flaw. While we are happy with the picture quality of the cameras, we are not a fan of viewing all three cameras on the same picture. It is disappointing that the system doesn't work with the trigger wire, even though the side cameras came with a trigger wrire.

Hi. Looking at adding the BT7 camera to my GD, which is prewired with mount. Can you share the link of the Furrion bracket you mentioned? I don't see it on Haloview's website. Does it provide more of a plug and play option without re-wiring? Thanks!
                      2022 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 CC 6.7L
                      2023 REFLECTION 150 295RL

Comment

Hi, I installed the Haloview RD7 camera on my new 2022 Imagine 2600RB today and wanted to share what I found to help with the install. The RD7 Dominator system has great reviews for no dropout at speed, etc. and it was cheaper than the Furrion camera. I got it for $340 on sale. Comes with the Monitor and Camera and a bunch of
                        2022 Imagine 2600RB
                        F150 Lariat 5.0L, 3.55, HD Tow Package
                        Dallas, Texas area

Comment

Has anyone taken a 4th camera and mounted it front facing on an RV trailer? I wondered how well that would work out. I'd think with 4 cameras rear, side markers, and a front facing one would be like a poor man's version of a 360 degree dashcam. Any thoughts???

Comment

Working...
                          X