Ford customer placed trailer camera and TPMS sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cnote72 View Post

It’s like a docking port deal for the 12 pin connector. Pretty handy actually.
    Docking port for the 12 pin? That's not the 7 pin RV connector? Can you explain, possibly with pictures?
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post

Docking port for the 12 pin? That's not the 7 pin RV connector? Can you explain, possibly with pictures?
      Not sure I have a picture of both the 7 pin from the trailer and the Ford 12 pin, but that’s what is in the cable wrap. Go watch the video from that install that I linked, you can fast forward to the 8:36 mark or so, he shows both cables and then them wrapped.

If you look at the right side of the photo, the smooth cable is the 7 pin and the ribbed looking one is the Ford 12 pin, hope that helps. I have the 7 pin kind of coiled up in the pin box and the 12 pin in the docking port.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by cnote72; 03-20-2023, 10:35 PM.
      Craig & Theresa
      2022 Ford F350, SRW, CCSB, 7.3L, 4.30 rear axle, Lariat Ultimate, 4x4, Ford Pro Trailer Backup Assist, factory gooseneck 5th wheel prep package
      New to us 2021 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS using a B&W Companion slider hitch

Comment

I guess it's the 12 pin thing that has me intrigued. I've heard of hard wired cameras but never seen the connection for them.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Jlawles2 The Ford 12 pin connection has the camera, TPMS, and yaw sensor for the Pro Trailer Backup Assist all in 1 wiring harness.
          Craig & Theresa
          2022 Ford F350, SRW, CCSB, 7.3L, 4.30 rear axle, Lariat Ultimate, 4x4, Ford Pro Trailer Backup Assist, factory gooseneck 5th wheel prep package
          New to us 2021 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS using a B&W Companion slider hitch

Comment

I converted my 2019 for the trailer TPMS (do not use the camera) and you give up the 4 pin connection and end up with a dual 7 pin and 12 pin. I think the kit also included a 7 to 4 adapter in case you need it.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
            X