Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oven door not closing tight - how to adjust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven door not closing tight - how to adjust?

We have an Atwood range in our Reflection 27RL and the oven door is no longer closing tight. I'm wondering if I sprung it somehow while trying to light the pilot but does anyone know if the door is adjustable and how to do it? Thank you in advance!

Phyllis
    Dennis & Phyllis Manley
    2018 Reflection 27RL; 2008 Silverado 2500HD 4X4

Originally posted by Dennis&Phyllis View Post
    We have an Atwood range in our Reflection 27RL and the oven door is no longer closing tight. I'm wondering if I sprung it somehow while trying to light the pilot but does anyone know if the door is adjustable and how to do it? Thank you in advance!

Phyllis
    Phyllis,
    I don't have a direct answer for you (sorry!) but I did some googling to find out exactly what stove you have and found related literature.

The stove is an Atwood (now Dometic) RV-2135 BBP 52232 21 Inch 3 Burner Wedgewood Vision Range Oven Black Top Black Door Piezo Ignition

Click image for larger version  Name:	Atwood.JPG Views:	0 Size:	48.5 KB ID:	10995

I couldn't find anything on Dometic's website, but did find the stove's manual elsewhere. I've attached a copy below.

Atwood RV35 Model Series Range and Cooktop Manual.pdf

At minimum, if you contact Dometic at least you'll have the info on your model #.

-Howard
    Attached Files
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hello. I had the same problem with my oven. After some investigation, I found that the slots on the door side were bulging out. I think this is for leaning on the door while lighting the pilot. I used a hammer and gently hammered the bulges back in place. I was more careful when lighting the pilot but it is still bending. I finally replaced the oven.

Comment

Thank you Howard for posting the manual and thank you canald for sharing your experience with the same problem. I'll check the hinges as you suggested and see if that's our problem.

Phyllis
        Dennis & Phyllis Manley
        2018 Reflection 27RL; 2008 Silverado 2500HD 4X4

Comment

Working...
        X