OneControl Generator Genie Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OneControl Generator Genie Upgrade

I have a 2022 GD Solitude 382WB-R with the OneControl system. I read in the manual about the generator feature but it appears my unit does not have the module installed. Has anyone added the LCI Generator Genie module to their system and is it a suggested DIY upgrade?
    Jerry & Debbie
    2020 Ford F-450 Platinum & 2022 Solitude 382WB-R

Originally posted by JerryW View Post
    I have a 2022 GD Solitude 382WB-R with the OneControl system. I read in the manual about the generator feature but it appears my unit does not have the module installed. Has anyone added the LCI Generator Genie module to their system and is it a suggested DIY upgrade?
    Did you find any documentation for this unit online, Jerry? All I found was a price--no pics and no literature.

If the module is a bus-ready device, theoretically all that is needed is to insert the module somewhere in the path (not at the beginning or end). Below is a rough draft of the CompassConnect (aka "OneControl") in your unit. If you want more info on how the new module incorporates into the existing bus system ask away...didn't want to type out a tome if it's not needed.

The 1.5 Unity Main Board is very limited and (to my knowledge) cannot be programmed after-the-fact. The Generator Genie may pop up on the OCTP all by itself once detected. What I'm trying to say is the only control you may have over the module is through the app on your phone.

Obviously all that I've written above is informed speculation. A call to LCI Customer Service is highly suggested. https://support.lci1.com/contact

Click image for larger version  Name:	382WB Layout.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.6 KB ID:	110764

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks Howard. No, I haven't found any documentation online and appreciate your feedback. I have contacted LCI and they told me instructions are provided with the module and that it is a CAN Bus connected device. He also mentioned that once connected, it would appear on OCTP. I am going to purchase, install, and will provide additional details in this thread to hopefully assist others as needed. Thanks again.
      Jerry & Debbie

Comment

Originally posted by JerryW View Post
        Thanks Howard. No, I haven't found any documentation online and appreciate your feedback. I have contacted LCI and they told me instructions are provided with the module and that it is a CAN Bus connected device. He also mentioned that once connected, it would appear on OCTP. I am going to purchase, install, and will provide additional details in this thread to hopefully assist others as needed. Thanks again.
        Did LCI mention if they include a bus cable with the device? You'll need at least one to bridge the device into the existing system.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

No, they did not. I've ordered the module and will be sorting out the wiring layout in my trailer. Thanks for the high level diagram and it appears to be consistent with what I have seen so far. I need to remove the panel in the front, curbside, compartment to locate the main board and OCTP unit. I'll need to sort out the specific cabling once I see what's missing. I'll post more details in this thread for others.
          Jerry & Debbie

Comment

Working...
          X