No announcement yet.

12VDC Electrical Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wondering if the wiring is behind the wet bay and the switch (for whatever reason) was never installed?
    Jim & Kathy
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    2022 RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn, Hemi e-Torque, 3:92,
    trailer tow pkg, 4x air suspension, TT TPMS.

Comment

No, I acquired the 2019 a year ago, and after a power failure, we had no 12VDC back-up. That's how we discovered the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by forrestjenkins View Post
        No, I acquired the 2019 a year ago, and after a power failure, we had no 12VDC back-up. That's how we discovered the issue.

In that case I'd bet the previous owner moved it. I'd probably pull down the wall behind the nautilus panel and check there, or drop the coroplast underneath and follow the wiring.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

In that case I'd bet the previous owner moved it. I'd probably pull down the wall behind the nautilus panel and check there, or drop the coroplast underneath and follow the wiring.
          That's what I would do. Looks like you need to track down where the wiring from batteries go. That's a real pain.
          Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

I will take your advice and track down the wiring as it goes from the battery into the bedroom closet area. There is no evidence that anything has been removed, as on the panel where the water enters, there is nothing there above (undisturbed) compared to the photos and videos on where the 2019 Imagine battery disconnect switch should be. It is if the manufacturer left it out. Thanks for your advice.

Comment

If I recall, you said the 12v never worked since you owned it. And there is not a 12v switch in the nautilus panel which seems strange. I agree with Neil, open the nautilus panel and see if there is wiring behind.
              Also, you mentioned that you no longer had 12v after a power failure? I didn't remember you mentioning that earlier. In that case, I would also look for a fuse that may be blown. I have found them not only in the breaker panel but also "in line" by the frame where the wiring from the vehicle plug connects. Examine the fuses and fuse holders, "crusties" can cause a bad connection also.
              That all said, I'm still wondering where the 12v cutoff switch is at? Are there any holes in the Nautilus panel that look like something may be missing?
              Jim & Kathy
              2022 Imagine 2600RB
              2022 RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn, Hemi e-Torque, 3:92,
              trailer tow pkg, 4x air suspension, TT TPMS.

Comment

I am wondering if the previous owner had the RV on a permanent site. If so they may have disconnected the battery as they thought it was not needed and they would not have to maintain the battery. What they may have done is remove the disconnect and leave the wires hanging. They may have also disconnected the wires from the converter/charger. More investigation is needed.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Any chance you can call the previous owner and ask about any modifications?
                  2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

The mystery is that there is no wiring that is out of order, and where the disconnect should be (in all the photos of every trailer I've seen), there is a blank undisturbed place on the panel. The switch was never installed at that location. I am starting to think that is was mis- manufactured that way. We're going to trace all the wiring by disassembling the panels. To all, thank you for your help!

Comment

The mystery is that there is no wiring that is out of order, and where the disconnect should be (in all the photos of every trailer I've seen), there is a blank undisturbed place on the panel. The switch was never installed at that location. I am starting to think that is was mis- manufactured that way. We're going to trace all the wiring by disassembling the panels. To all, thank you for your help!
                      In the older units they did locate the disconnect in the door side of the passthrough, if yours was located there then it might not be obvious it was removed.
                      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
                      X