Furrion 12 v refrigerator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion 12 v refrigerator

2023 Imagine 2500RL, purchased in January, brought it home, plugged it in, everything working. Fridge cold, light on. Fridge packed for first trip. First night out… dead refrigerator!😖. No light, no compressor sounds. RV complete contacted, absolutely no help. All fuses and circuit breakers checked. Lots of dry ice and wet ice used for 3 weeks. Rig returned to dealership. Some obscure fuse blown. Fridge works at service lot, but by the time we get it home, it is dead again. THREE TIMES!! We are making another trip with fridge as a big cooler, and taking rig back for service upon our return. VERY FRUSTRATING!!
    Last edited by howson; 05-14-2023, 08:02 AM. Reason: Fixed spelling in title

Originally posted by ElsaHill
    We have a 2023 Imagine 2500RL purchased in January, fridge was working fine at the house, but first night out it was dead. Lots of dry ice and wet ice used. THREE TRIPS to service department and problem not resolved. It works there, but by the time we get it home…DEAD. We have a Furrion 12v
    What was done to get it to work? What is the voltage level of the battery when the Furrion appears "dead"? (Your Imagine has a Battery Monitor, does it not?)
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

ElsaHill There is a fuse at the back that is somewhat common to blow especially as the battery charge lowers (current increases). Unfortunately on some rigs you need to pull the fridge to get access to it, but other than that it is a simple repair. Some members have relocated the fuse to a more accessible location, or another option is swap it with the fuse on the tongue (which is larger for some reason) so it blows first instead and is easier to change.

We are a group of owners just like yourself, if you want to tackle this yourself and get your fridge working without a trip to the dealer we can talk you through it.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I have read that some owners have replaced the difficult to replace 15A fuse in the back of the fridge with a 20A, and installed an additional 15A inline to the fridge so that will blow first, and it is much easier to replace.
        Last edited by AZMike; 05-12-2023, 01:05 PM.
        Mike and (RIP Karen)
        2021 2600RB
        2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

I was reading that Furrion has a kit to allow changing the glass fuse to a blade fuse and relocate it to an accessible place. Check with a dealer or Furrion. Or GD.
          Last edited by TedS; 05-12-2023, 02:53 PM.
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Found this vid on YouTube. Looks like I got another project! 😎

Last edited by howson; 05-14-2023, 08:09 AM.
            • 2023 Imagine 2800BH
            • 2013 GMC Sierra 2500 6.6 Duramax (LML)
            • Family Travels with kids and dog
            • Love cool upgrades

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
              ElsaHill There is a fuse at the back that is somewhat common to blow especially as the battery charge lowers (current increases). Unfortunately on some rigs you need to pull the fridge to get access to it,
              ughggg...Engineers.......take a sacrificial safety device....and design a way to hide it.

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
              Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

AAMAFIGHTER -- nice find on the video. One word of caution: the metal edges (with that lower cover removed) are extremely sharp. Yours truly left some blood at the factory--the metal was so sharp I didn't even feel the cut until I felt the blood running down the side of my hand.

15A Fuse Circled
                Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	610
Size:	415.3 KB
ID:	112187

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson thanks for the heads up! I def left some blood sweat and tears on the underside and pass through with that battery upgrade haha
                  • 2023 Imagine 2800BH
                  • 2013 GMC Sierra 2500 6.6 Duramax (LML)
                  • Family Travels with kids and dog
                  • Love cool upgrades

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post

ughggg...Engineers.......take a sacrificial safety device....and design a way to hide it.
                    I can't believe the engineers on this site let that slide.....
                    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

I can't believe the engineers on this site let that slide.....
                      Being an engineer I resemble that.

Being a machinist/manufacturer I despise Engineers for the things they do.

That'll get them riled up.LOL.

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Scott'n'Wendy Country Campers

Ha - whenever one is tempted to say "those darn engineers - what were they thinking?", it is likely that they had constraints that aren't obvious, such as cost and marketing mandates (or a dumb boss).

But then, some products contain design elements that are just plain dumb. Using glass tube fuses in this day and age is only about 50 years behind the times. They are notoriously unreliable even when properly sized.

I could make a lengthy list of such dumb things I've found in our trailer, but will refrain per the forum rules...
                        Ottertail, Minnesota
                        2022 Imagine 2500RL VIN 573TE3029N6637046
                        2022 Ford F-150 Lariat, SuperCrew, long box, max tow

Comment

No engineer was involved. Some diabolical 'designer'.
                          Ted
                          2021 Reflection 310RLS
                          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I would venture to say it's not always the engineer. Engineer comes up with a design, then it goes off to another group of designers to figure out how to put all of the stuff needed in ZxYxH size hole that are left by the interior design group, all the while the client is saying "hurry up and make it cheaper".

I would almost venture to say the engineers and possibly circuit designers were thinking these would be a direct replacement for absorption refrigerators and would have the rear access doors as such. If that were the case, then the fuse would be easily accessed.
                            Joseph
                            Tow
                            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                            South of Houston Texas

Comment

I finally gave up on my Furrion fridge that had not worked since we bought camper last year. Two trips this spring, eating out of coolers, fridge got no better than 60 degrees inside despite warranty work. I had a Dometic fridge installed last week to remedy the situation and my sanity. Its the same fridge we had on a 4 week trip out west in the 22LDE hopscotching park to park. Last Friday I picked up the camper and drove 1.5 hours to storage lot and fridge was cold when I arrived. I hope I did not jinx my luck!!
                              2022 Reflection 150 Series 280RS, 2022 GMC 3500 Denali crew cab 4x4 6.6L Turbo Diesel, empty wallet.

Comment

Working...
                              X