Furrion 12 v refrigerator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
    all the while the client is saying "hurry up and make it cheaper".
    Let's not forget about the bean counters!
    Mike and (RIP Karen)
    2021 2600RB
    2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

We have the Furrion 12v frig in our 2022 22mle, has anyone found the wiring kit to change the glass fuse to blade fuse on the back of the frig? We’re leaving for Yellowstone in August and would like to get it changed before we leave,
      Thanks
      Pat & Viki McCartney
      2022 Imagine 22mle
      2014 Ford F150

Comment

2023 Reflection 297RSTS

Bad 12V Fridge!

I am also having trouble with our new Furrion refrigerator. The light comes on, but it will not cool. Tried every controller setting. On shore power. Tried multiple times but this is a bummer. I have half a dozen destination over the next 3 months and this is what happens the first day out! The small refrigerator outside works. I also noticed that some of the overhead led puck lights have turned dark brown in the center after only a couple hours use. The battery disconnect is on and the voltage is 14v on the battery. I have tried both ways with no luck. What a first day out! Looks like I will have to cut my first week's trip out today and bring it back today. Not so sure my customers will understand! Any ideas before I throw in the towel on this rig! My company bought this for my travel since I cannot fly anymore due to immune suppression. I have a lot of traveling to do and I am not impressed with failure the first day out. If you have any ideas please let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by Julian View Post
          2023 Reflection 297RSTS

Bad 12V Fridge!

I am also having trouble with our new Furrion refrigerator. The light comes on, but it will not cool. Tried every controller setting. On shore power. Tried multiple times but this is a bummer. I have half a dozen destination over the next 3 months and this is what happens the first day out! The small refrigerator outside works. I also noticed that some of the overhead led puck lights have turned dark brown in the center after only a couple hours use. The battery disconnect is on and the voltage is 14v on the battery. I have tried both ways with no luck. What a first day out! Looks like I will have to cut my first week's trip out today and bring it back today. Not so sure my customers will understand! Any ideas before I throw in the towel on this rig! My company bought this for my travel since I cannot fly anymore due to immune suppression. I have a lot of traveling to do and I am not impressed with failure the first day out. If you have any ideas please let me know!
          The overhead lights dimming suggests there's an issue with the 12vDC system. If that's the case, the refrigerator not working is a symptom not a cause.

Was the battery voltage measured with a load applied or as a static charge? 14vDC is a relatively high value on a lead-acid battery--usually only seen when the converter is attempting to charge the battery.

What I'd try to do is isolate the battery from both shore power and from the trailer and do the test again.

Turn off the circuit breaker at the pedestal to remove shore power. Move the (misnamed) battery disconnect to off (key can be removed). Now test the battery voltage again. My guess is you'll find it's much lower than 14V.

Now turn on the battery disconnect (key can not be removed) and turn on as many 12vDC items as possible--lights, fans, etc. Measure the battery voltage again. If it drops significantly from the last reading, the battery is likely bad.

Hope this makes some sense to you.

Howard

P.S. Welcome to the forum--please check out the Welcome Letter if you'd like to know more about this place and how to get the most from your time here.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I will check it out! Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndTimeAround View Post
              We have the Furrion 12v frig in our 2022 22mle, has anyone found the wiring kit to change the glass fuse to blade fuse on the back of the frig? We’re leaving for Yellowstone in August and would like to get it changed before we leave,
              Thanks
              I am not aware of any kit for this. You can get a simple blade fuse holder from your auto parts store and remove the glass fuse holder and install the blade fuse holder. You will need a couple butt connectors and some heat shrink tubing, all available at the parts store. If you want to lengthen the wires so the fuse is accessible at the front you will need some 14 ga wire, I believe that is what is used, and 2 more butt connectors.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Being an industrious person and if it's not the "factory kit installed by a qualified technician" to avoid voiding the warranty (if still left), I might be known to buy the same glass fuse holder that's there now (https://www.amazon.com/CHANZON-Cartr...s%2C141&sr=8-8 or so) and using a piece of 2C 12awg or 14awg wire, "extend" the fuse to the front converting to a blade style (atc resettable even https://www.amazon.com/Bussmann-CB22...=A6AY1HFZHO49U ). Use 5 -10 amp over the factory fuse in the extender holders to avoid erroneous fuse blows where in accessable. Then if anything happens, just pull the extension out and stick a blown glass fuse back in the holder...

NOT THAT SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAS EVER BEEN DONE......
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Julian View Post
                  2023 Reflection 297RSTS

Bad 12V Fridge!

I pulled the battery. No issue tested 100% good at rated CA. Voltage was rock solid no matter what I turn on. I took the bottom grill cover off hoping to find a fuse or breaker and low and behold the bottom of the fridge has a crushed in area where the installer used a crowbar or other "force be with you tool" to get it into the cabinet. The sheet metal vertical support is twisted / bent into the coils. I am sure that is supposed to be the strongest point but its not good when you collapse it. I guess the light turned on and that is a QA pass.

Comment

Julian -- ugh, that's not good. Did you take pictures by any chance of the damage to the refrigerator? Were their chaffed wires or anything electrical damaged that can explain the dimming lights in the RV? The non-working refrigerator and dimming lights are classic symptoms of low voltage, so I'm mystified at the moment. At minimum, it sounds like the converter (the component that charges the battery via shore power) and the battery are working correctly.

Look forward to reading the resolution once this is figured out. If there's further hints at what's going on (symptoms) please continue to post.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
                      Julian -- ugh, that's not good. Did you take pictures by any chance of the damage to the refrigerator? Were their chaffed wires or anything electrical damaged that can explain the dimming lights in the RV? The non-working refrigerator and dimming lights are classic symptoms of low voltage, so I'm mystified at the moment. At minimum, it sounds like the converter (the component that charges the battery via shore power) and the battery are working correctly.

Look forward to reading the resolution once this is figured out. If there's further hints at what's going on (symptoms) please continue to post.

Howard
                      I believe the lights are becoming discolored - as in burnt. "overhead led puck lights have turned dark brown in the center after only a couple hours use". Julian Can you please clarify? I recall someone posting here a few months ago about burnt lights.
                      Ottertail, Minnesota
                      2022 Imagine 2500RL VIN 573TE3029N6637046
                      2022 Ford F-150 Lariat, SuperCrew, long box, max tow

Comment

Working...
                      X