Compass Connect issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compass Connect issues

We finally brought our 2023 2970RL home on the weekend. I had Compass Connect configured easily enough right off the bat using the QR code that was stuck above the control panel. I went to bring an awning in using my phone and it said it was offline. I tried every thing I could to connect again but no luck. I decided to start over and delete the app and remove the bluetooth device. I went to set it up again but we had removed the sticker from the wall as it was starting to peel and we wanted to keep it safe. Apparently keeping it safe meant losing it and I assume it it got thrown in a garbage at some point. Now I can't connect it again.

I did some internet troubleshooting and I was able to find the actual module under my bathroom sink. There looked like there should have been another sticker on there but it was already removed so I basically have no sticker with a QR code or password. I called the dealer and they thought that that other sticker may be in my stack of documentation so I'll look through that.

If I fail to find that other sticker, what are my options?​
    Last edited by pappcam; 05-15-2023, 09:55 PM.
    2023 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
    2023 F-350 SRW 7.3 Crew Cab

pappcam -- only suggestion I have is to give LCI Customer Service a call. Lippert is the OEM. https://support.lci1.com/contact
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Couldn't find the other sticker in my pile of documentation. The dealer said they wouldn't have removed that 2nd sticker. Would GD do that during the build? If so, why? I may have screwed up by losing the first sticker but I'm quite annoyed that the other sticker is not on the module. Also lost in all this is the fact that the stupid app stopped working the same day I set it up in the first place.

Anyway, I emailed Lippert at the link that was posted above. I'll probably also call tomorrow so I'll see if they can help.

Comment

Just an update on the original issue, I ended up contacting Lippert and they said the control box would need to be replaced as once the stickers are gone I won't be able to pair my phone with the unit. They created a work order number and I contacted the dealer with that info. They will will order the part from Lippert and let me know when it's in and will replace it under warranty.

My mistake for losing the original sticker but good on Lippert for helping me out.​

Comment

Look through your paperwork. Possibly someone put one of the stickers on the documents with the warranty information.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
            Look through your paperwork. Possibly someone put one of the stickers on the documents with the warranty information.
            I did that. Many times. Believe me. Contacting Lippert was a last resort.

Comment

That reminds me that I need to take a picture of the label and put in the camper folder for future reference.
              Joseph
              Tow
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Just to bump this thread, my dealer got the new Lippert Unity control box sent to them from Lippert under warranty. I asked the dealer if it could be sent to me so I could replace it and that way I wouldn't have to tow my trailer 90 minutes each way to get it replaced. They said that worked for them and they said it was a simple plug and play replacement. My plan is to take a picture of the current one, disconnect all power to the trailer, replace the control box and then power everything back up. This is similar to the one I'll be replacing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	292.5 KB
ID:	119365

Are there any extra steps that need to be done? The dealer said there shouldn't be.

I have the same style of panel as the picture and my Unity box is easily accessible under my bathroom sink.

Click image for larger version  Name:	maxresdefault.jpg Views:	0 Size:	234.7 KB ID:	119364

Thanks.
                Last edited by pappcam; 08-30-2023, 03:11 PM.

Comment

pappcam
                  My trailer is two years older than yours but the panel looks just like the picture of yours above. Bought it slightly used and it didn't have stickers with it. I pressed the button on the top right of the panel with the light under it. That put it into pairing mode with my phone after downloading the app. Compass Connect works great.
                  2021 2600RB

Comment

I'd kill all the power to the unit. The work one side of the old board, unplugging 1 connector at a time and moving to the new board. Once one side is complete, you should be able to move the old board out of the way then start on the other side.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                      I'd kill all the power to the unit. The work one side of the old board, unplugging 1 connector at a time and moving to the new board. Once one side is complete, you should be able to move the old board out of the way then start on the other side.
                      That was exactly my plan. I'm still going to take a picture of the old one though.

So as far as killing all power is concerned, I thought I read the battery disconnect doesn't actually kill all the power. Would I be better off disconnecting the battery? Do I need to do anything to the solar controller in that case?

Comment

You will need to disconnect the battery (negative only is usually easier). Yes you will also need to kill the solar. Best to disconnect that at night or cover with a blanket unless you have a disconnect. While the solar is disconnected if you do not already have one.
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Just to wrap this up, I replaced the box and all is working including with the app.

I disconnected shore power, disconnected the negative post on the battery, and then moved over every wire on the old box to the new box one by one. I didn't do anything with the solar. I now have pictures of everything and have put one of the stickers in a safe place.​

Comment

Working...
                          X