Brake and Turn Lights 2020 GD 2600RB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake and Turn Lights 2020 GD 2600RB

Towing with a 2019 F150 XLT Max Tow Package. The Blind Spot Detection System, Restraints Indicator Lamp Warning, Tire Monitor System and the Cross Traffic Warning lights have all illuminated on my dash. Fuses are good. I have an apointment with Ford for next week. Hooked the trailer up today. All the trailer external running lights are lit, but, I've got no brake lights, turn signals, or emergency flashers. Really wierd to think the trailer lights are tied in with the above warning lights. I'm hoping this is a truck issue that I trust Ford will resolve ratheer than a trailer electrical issue. BTW - I didn't move the trailer anywhere and won't until resolved. Curious if anyone has any ideas.

To eliminate trailer have someone else hook up to lights if available. Not much other help here.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by KPEC1151 View Post
      Towing with a 2019 F150 XLT Max Tow Package. The Blind Spot Detection System, Restraints Indicator Lamp Warning, Tire Monitor System and the Cross Traffic Warning lights have all illuminated on my dash. Fuses are good. I have an apointment with Ford for next week. Hooked the trailer up today. All the trailer external running lights are lit, but, I've got no brake lights, turn signals, or emergency flashers. Really wierd to think the trailer lights are tied in with the above warning lights. I'm hoping this is a truck issue that I trust Ford will resolve ratheer than a trailer electrical issue. BTW - I didn't move the trailer anywhere and won't until resolved. Curious if anyone has any ideas.
      For $12 you can test the truck with a simple tester. https://www.amazon.com/MICTUNING-Bla.../dp/B07JKWKGFQ

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	156
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	112458​

I think the trailer side is possible to test with a few jumpers. I've never tried it myself, but many have jumpered the hot and the marker lights with a fuse for "ambient lighting" at night. This thread has some detail: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ts-not-working

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

As complex as new tow vehicles are its tough to say what it might be, some diagnosis might help. The starting point would be to verify the 7 pin plug on the truck has power like Howson stated, It could be something as small as a blown fuse on the tow vehicle. If that checks out my next step would be to check the trailer by using a jumper as suggested. The modern tow vehicles are much more sensitive to faults on the trailers than they used to be.
        A simple DC test light is always in my trailer tool box. I usually start with the cheap and easy stuff first.
        2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Thanks all. Took the Ford to the Dealer. Discovered water in the rear light fixture had corroded the blind spot module. Not sure how water got in there. No damage and dealer could not explain how water could get in without damage. And - oh yea - absolutely will not cover water intrusion on warranty.

Comment

No warranty on water intrusions ? sounds like its time to find a better dealer, assuming its within the time and mileage limits of the warranty I would call BS.
            2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

My previous truck I had an extended warranty, it did not cover water intrusion. Sun roof had a leak and was told the same, sorry.

I believe the original factory warranty covers all.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I have since 04 a GM that the rear tail lights literally fell out; during MFG the installer PUSHED too hard on the screws as they put them in the tabs and cracked them. As long as there was no external marks, they covered them under warranty. I would balk at the not covering the module if it's integral to the light housing and the housing shows no sign of damage. Hopefully you got the old part. Call and ask for the regional or lookup the regional FORD rep and see if you can get him to investigate as the module may have a bad seal from the MFG.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                X