Furrion 12v Fridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion 12v Fridge

I’ve checked the forums but most have a compressor that doesn’t work or a blown fuse. I have 2022 2800bh with a furrion FCR10DCGTA-​10 cubic foot 12v fridge. Freezer works fine but the fridge will not get below 50-55 degrees. It is plugged into 50 amps. I’ve tried the hard restart with unhooking the battery because it did at one point lose power at a campsite due to a power outage. I did install a second battery, checked for the right voltage. The door does sit lower and will not latch so maybe it’s a seal problem? Any other options anyone can recommend? I’m sure it’s been answers just couldn’t find anything. Appreciate any input.
    Last edited by Country Campers; 05-23-2023, 06:19 PM. Reason: edited title for clarity
    2022 2800BH
    2022 Chevy 2500 Duramax

Originally posted by Jlarrieu View Post
    I’ve checked the forums but most have a compressor that doesn’t work or a blown fuse. I have 2022 2800bh with a furrion FCR10DCGTA-​10 cubic foot 12v fridge. Freezer works fine but the fridge will not get below 50-55 degrees. It is plugged into 50 amps. I’ve tried the hard restart with unhooking the battery because it did at one point lose power at a campsite due to a power outage. I did install a second battery, checked for the right voltage. The door does sit lower and will not latch so maybe it’s a seal problem? Any other options anyone can recommend? I’m sure it’s been answers just couldn’t find anything. Appreciate any input.
    That's where I'd start. The fact the freezer works fine would be the first clue.
    2023 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
    2023 F-350 SRW 7.3 Crew Cab

Comment

Furrion thinks it may be low on coolant, the thermostat, or the board as well. Has anyone else had this come up? Could the fuse cause just the fridge to stop working?
      2022 2800BH
      2022 Chevy 2500 Duramax

Comment

Jlarrieu - Does the light in the refrigerator work? If so, the fuse is good.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
          Jlarrieu - Does the light in the refrigerator work? If so, the fuse is good.

Jim
          Hi there. Yes the light works and I can hear it running. The freezer is ice cold. Just trying to narrow my options. Thank you for the reply.
          2022 2800BH
          2022 Chevy 2500 Duramax

Comment

Jlarrieu - Make sure you have the temperature knob rotated fully clockwise so that it's turned to "Max". "Max" stands for maximum cooling and is the coldest setting.

The following chart is included in the owner's manual:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Furrion.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	112878
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Ya we’ve set it to max, off grid, the middle. We’ve had it plugged in for 4 days now with zero food. I’m going to try to adjust the door as well and do another hard reset. Just seems strange the freezer is ice cold. Furrion mentioned maybe not enough coolant to make the fridge portion cold.
              2022 2800BH
              2022 Chevy 2500 Duramax

Comment

Ya we’ve set it to max, off grid, the middle. We’ve had it plugged in for 4 days now with zero food. I’m going to try to adjust the door as well and do another hard reset. Just seems strange the freezer is ice cold. Furrion mentioned maybe not enough coolant to make the fridge portion cold.
                It would be helpful to know the freezer temperature.
                Ottertail, Minnesota
                2022 Imagine 2500RL VIN 573TE3029N6637046
                2022 Ford F-150 Lariat, SuperCrew, long box, max tow

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPeterson View Post

It would be helpful to know the freezer temperature.
                  Hi there. The freezer temps drop to 0 or even below.
                  2022 2800BH
                  2022 Chevy 2500 Duramax

Comment

Checked this morning with cooler overnight temps. Fridge was sitting at 52 degrees.
                    2022 2800BH
                    2022 Chevy 2500 Duramax

Comment

Checked this morning with cooler overnight temps. Fridge was sitting at 52 degrees.
                      If the hard reset doesn't fix the issue my .02 is that the fridge is broken. 52 degrees is way too warm.

Is the appliance still under warranty? A call to GD Customer Service to ask can't hurt...even if out of warranty they might send you a new one as a courtesy (if you're willing to install it yourself).

If doing the work yourself is not possible and the refrigerator is out of warranty, unfortunately it will be a hit to the wallet to get it replaced. I'm not 100% on top of all the options, but would consider an alternative to Furrion if a replacement is required. (My opinion...others may disagree and that's OK.)

Howard
                      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

If the hard reset doesn't fix the issue my .02 is that the fridge is broken. 52 degrees is way too warm.

Is the appliance still under warranty? A call to GD Customer Service to ask can't hurt...even if out of warranty they might send you a new one as a courtesy (if you're willing to install it yourself).

If doing the work yourself is not possible and the refrigerator is out of warranty, unfortunately it will be a hit to the wallet to get it replaced. I'm not 100% on top of all the options, but would consider an alternative to Furrion if a replacement is required. (My opinion...others may disagree and that's OK.)

Howard
                        Trying the hard reset again. Compressor is running as well. I’ve called furrion, it is under warranty. I will have to take it in to do the diagnostic check off sheet. Was just hoping for any ideas to mitigate before then. Luckily this one has the inline fuse on the frame. Fingers crossed it works.
                        2022 2800BH
                        2022 Chevy 2500 Duramax

Comment

Trying the hard reset again. Compressor is running as well. I’ve called furrion, it is under warranty. I will have to take it in to do the diagnostic check off sheet. Was just hoping for any ideas to mitigate before then. Luckily this one has the inline fuse on the frame. Fingers crossed it works.
                          I'd be surprised if it was a coolant or compressor issue. Usually the refrigerator portion gets cooled by a louvered door connected to the freezer, as the fridge temp rises it pulls cold air from the freezer. I'm not positive the Furrion works this way but every compressor fridge I've seen works this way. If that's the case I'd bet your door alignment/seal issue is your problem, or the circuitry in the fridge portion that monitors that temp and actuates the louver.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

I'd be surprised if it was a coolant or compressor issue. Usually the refrigerator portion gets cooled by a louvered door connected to the freezer, as the fridge temp rises it pulls cold air from the freezer. I'm not positive the Furrion works this way but every compressor fridge I've seen works this way. If that's the case I'd bet your door alignment/seal issue is your problem, or the circuitry in the fridge portion that monitors that temp and actuates the louver.
                            I’m not quite too sure how it works as well. I took the seal off, flipped it upside down to see if that doesn’t nothing and readjusted the door. The freezer door takes a little more pulling power to open as opposed to the fridge. I can only adjust the door so much. Writing all this down when I get it back to a tech. I appreciate the feedback!
                            2022 2800BH
                            2022 Chevy 2500 Duramax

Comment

Still nothing. Just condensation in the back of the fridge. Completely stumped. Sounds like a new fridge will most likely be the case.
                              2022 2800BH
                              2022 Chevy 2500 Duramax

Comment

Working...
                              X