No announcement yet.

Furrion 12v Fridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jlarrieu, it reads like you've already tried adjusting the door seal, but I still wanted to mention the simple test method of closing the door on a piece of paper (a dollar bill works well) and seeing if the seal grips the piece of paper. If the paper pulls out easy, then the sea is not sealing.
    John
    2018 Momentum 395M
    2018 Ram 3500 Dually
    Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
      Jlarrieu, it reads like you've already tried adjusting the door seal, but I still wanted to mention the simple test method of closing the door on a piece of paper (a dollar bill works well) and seeing if the seal grips the piece of paper. If the paper pulls out easy, then the sea is not sealing.
      We did try that and it is sliding through relatively easy as compared to the freezer. Thank you for the suggestion.
      2022 2800BH
      2022 Chevy 2500 Duramax

Comment

When the fridge is running and the freezer is, well freezing, is the ceiling part and back wall of the fridge compartment cold, or really cold?

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
          When the fridge is running and the freezer is, well freezing, is the ceiling part and back wall of the fridge compartment cold, or really cold?

Brian
          Just cold. With condensation. Furrion mentioned the coolant may not be going around after the freezer reaches it temp.
          2022 2800BH
          2022 Chevy 2500 Duramax

Comment

This won't be helpful, but perhaps another data point. We have the 10 Cu. Ft. 12V Furrion Fridge. Last year, it worked like a champ. We would turn the dial to the middle setting, and it would hold 35 ish degrees (no matter how hot outside it was). This year during our first trip we had to turn the dial to max just to try and hold a little under 40 degrees. And that was in early-season cool weather. A little nervous what July/August is going to look like.
            2023 Grand Design Imagine XLS 21BHE
            2023 Ford F-350 12,000 lb GVRW w/tow tech package

Comment

Originally posted by CasadeMike View Post
              This won't be helpful, but perhaps another data point. We have the 10 Cu. Ft. 12V Furrion Fridge. Last year, it worked like a champ. We would turn the dial to the middle setting, and it would hold 35 ish degrees (no matter how hot outside it was). This year during our first trip we had to turn the dial to max just to try and hold a little under 40 degrees. And that was in early-season cool weather. A little nervous what July/August is going to look like.
              Same 10cu 12v furrion. 2022 2800bh. Always helpful to know it’s not just a few duds. Ours was the same. Almost frozen cold. Now can’t get anything. It’s only 80ish here now.
              2022 2800BH
              2022 Chevy 2500 Duramax

Comment

Originally posted by Jlarrieu View Post

We did try that and it is sliding through relatively easy as compared to the freezer. Thank you for the suggestion.
                This along with your comments on condensation really leads me to believe it is a seal problem. Often it is the little things in this situation. Cleaning matting surface, a nylon washer at the hinge. It can be time consuming and frustrating trying to get just the right combination, but keep working on it and I'm sure you'll find it.
                John
                2018 Momentum 395M
                2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post

This along with your comments on condensation really leads me to believe it is a seal problem. Often it is the little things in this situation. Cleaning matting surface, a nylon washer at the hinge. It can be time consuming and frustrating trying to get just the right combination, but keep working on it and I'm sure you'll find it.
                  I’ve cleaned, removed, flipped, adjusted the door. It shuts and clicks in the little locking tab. Stumped. Haven’t tried the washer yet. I’ll give it a go. Thank you for the input!
                  2022 2800BH
                  2022 Chevy 2500 Duramax

Comment

I have a Furrion 10 cu ft 12V fridge that worked perfectly during the camping season last year. This spring when trying to cool it down to load food for my first trip, the freezer was working fine but the fridge temperature was in the mid-forties with the control knob at the mid-way position that I was used to setting it to. I found the door ajar and had to push hard to get it to lock close, much different than last year. During the trip the compressor ran more than usual, the fridge temperature stayed in the low forties and there was a lot of condensation on the ceiling of the fridge. The freezer portion was OK
                    Yesterday a mobile tech came and after the dollar bill test, loosened the two screws on the bottom of the fridge portion door and “adjusted” the door. Right away it closed easily without pushing. He asked me to run it overnight and this AM things are back to normal, i.e. door latches easily, fridge temp is in the mid-thirties with the control knob set mid-way, and no condensation. He did give me a tip to not travel with heavy items in the fridge door bins such as OJ and lemonade jugs.
                    Joe

2022 Reflection 150 226RK
                    2022 Ram 2500 4x4 short bed 6.7 Cummins

Comment

Working...
                    X