Schematics For Cable-Satelite Wiring on a GD Transend 28 MKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schematics For Cable-Satelite Wiring on a GD Transend 28 MKS

Does anyone have a schematic drawing of the original coaxial cable-satelite wiring in a 2019 GD Transend. 28MKS. After a number of installers changing the wiring I want to restore it to the original condition when the trailer was new. Thanks.
    Robert & Debbie
    2019 Grand Design Transend 28MKS

I recently purchased a 2019 Grand Design, Transend 28MKS. All the entertainment system (AM/FM Radio / CD/DVD Player)was working fine until I had satelite tv installed by a professional company/installer. After the TV installation the FM radio will not receive any FM stations. There are numerous FM stations in the area which I have no problem receiving on other radios.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks​
    Robert & Debbie

Comment

The installer disconnected the signal input to the radio/cd player.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

So is it just a matter of rehooking up the antenna imput signal to the booster panel. If so what color coaxal cable would it be. Thanks so much for the heip, appriciated.
        Robert & Debbie

Comment

RDS I combined your other post with this one since they were for the same topic, and the post you originally replied to was from 2019.

Welcome to the forum here is a welcome letter to new members that will help you to get the most out of the forum (and covers the topic of posting in multiple places).
          https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...welcome-letter

If you contact Grand Design they will give you a copy of the drawings they have, but I doubt they will be helpful for what you are trying to do. The units are wired by hand and the path can be up to the installer on the particular day your unit was built. That said generally the cable in feed goes up to the antenna booster, along with the cable going to the antenna itself. That booster button in addition to turning on the booster acts as a switch for the output to either be tied to the antenna or the cable input. Then all of your tv outputs are connected to the outputs of it as well. The Sat inputs in your "docking station" if you have them are supposed to go through to the sat jacks inside the rig without any splitters or amplifies in between. That way Sat Living Room goes directly to the sat jack in the living room. These have all been known to be loose or badly terminated, but should give you an idea at least of where everything is supposed to go.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Hello again everyone. Thank you all for your help and suggestions. After trying many different combinations I finally got it to work. Thanks again.
            Robert & Debbie

Comment

Working...
            X