Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion 16 cu ft Fridge Issue

16 cuft Furrion 12VDC fridge in a 2023 303RLS

I am just this moment having the same/similar issue. We've been camping all week. No issues at all. Went to fix a sandwich and noticed things in the refrigerator were in the 50s as measured by an IR thermometer. Freezer temps are in the teens. Door seals are good. We're not opening and closing the doors more than any other time. I'm stumped.

I don't really feel air coming in through the interior vent.

Where can I get to the coils to clean them? I don't see anything on the sides. Top has a plastic cover (electrical connections?)

Thanks for any advice

Last edited by jbt816; 05-27-2023, 06:27 PM. Reason: more information
    Bruce and Michelle - and Callie (GSD)
    2019 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4L HEMI
    2023 Reflection 303RLS (purchased 9/2022)

jbt816

The coils and fan should be at the bottom behind the plastic cover, same as a residential unit. I am not sure how accessible they are. The cover should either pop off or there may be a couple screws visible when you open the doors.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by jbt816 View Post
      16 cuft Furrion 12VDC fridge in a 2023 303RLS

I am just this moment having the same/similar issue. We've been camping all week. No issues at all. Went to fix a sandwich and noticed things in the refrigerator were in the 50s as measured by an IR thermometer. Freezer temps are in the teens. Door seals are good. We're not opening and closing the doors more than any other time. I'm stumped.

I don't really feel air coming in through the interior vent.

Where can I get to the coils to clean them? I don't see anything on the sides. Top has a plastic cover (electrical connections?)

Thanks for any advice

The first thing to check on these is power. Is the light inside the fridge still working? If not check the fuse behind the fridge. Depending on age this may mean pulling the fridge away from the wall or if it's newer there's an access below the fridge to get to it. If the light works what's your battery voltage, and is your disconnect on (key CANNOT be removed). Even on shore power these 12v fridges need a good functioning charged battery.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I wasn’t trying to hijack this thread. I’ve sent a PM to the OP so we can see what’s going on.

for my part, I set the unit in super freeze mode 32F/-10F. After one hour, the fridge temps were in the 40s.

after another hour, I attempted to put the unit back into regular mode 38F/00F and as I cycled through the options, it cycled to OFF (one of the options). However I could not get it back to ON.

Even though I never lost power and had been on shore power for a week, I checked the fuses and realized there is not a fuse labeled for fridge 😒 (what amperage should it be?)

I waited 5 minutes and tried the buttons again - which worked and I cycled back to regular mode. So far things are working.

other than not being able to get it back to ON, I’m beginning to think the door wasn’t fully closed when all this started. Still scratching my head.

Comment

Originally posted by jbt816 View Post
          I wasn’t trying to hijack this thread. I’ve sent a PM to the OP so we can see what’s going on.

for my part, I set the unit in super freeze mode 32F/-10F. After one hour, the fridge temps were in the 40s.

after another hour, I attempted to put the unit back into regular mode 38F/00F and as I cycled through the options, it cycled to OFF (one of the options). However I could not get it back to ON.

Even though I never lost power and had been on shore power for a week, I checked the fuses and realized there is not a fuse labeled for fridge 😒 (what amperage should it be?)

I waited 5 minutes and tried the buttons again - which worked and I cycled back to regular mode. So far things are working.

other than not being able to get it back to ON, I’m beginning to think the door wasn’t fully closed when all this started. Still scratching my head.
          The fuse is located behind the fridge and in your front bay by the self resetting breakers. Unfortunately the one behind the fridge is smaller than the one in the front bay so it always trips first. A mod I recommend is to put a smaller one in the front bay so it trips first. That said if it started working again then it's not the fuse, they do not reset themselves.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro

Comment

jbt816 No worries on the hijacking, it does happen. I moved the related posts to their own topic. Particularly since you've got a different issue and different model fridge than the op.

Neil Citro

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
              jbt816 No worries on the hijacking, it does happen. I moved the related posts to their own topic. Particularly since you've got a different issue and different model fridge than the op.
              We have/had the same issue - freezer cold, fridge warm. But we did have different fridges. I am interested why GD says Freon not circulating properly.

Comment

So when I spoke to furrion they had multiple reasons as why mine would not be working. Compressor, mine is running, the board, thermostat, and the gentlemen said it could not be circulating after the fresher get cold. I have the 10cu 12v furrion. Fuse is under my frame, blade style 15. I have 14v at the batteries, disconnect is on, light is on. Freezer frozen solid and a little condensation in the back of the fridge. Another thing is the walls of the fridge are not “cold” but just cool to the touch. I’m stumped so I’m the assumption mine is toast.
                2022 2800BH
                2022 Chevy 2500 Duramax

Comment

Just to wrap this up, I don't know the final outcome of the OP on the other thread. FWIW, My fridge seems to have started working again. I guess it was a one-off. I just returned from putting it in storage

Comment

Working...
                  X