Electrical outlet troubles in bathroom and bedroom in 2022 Momentum 25G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randall kjose View Post
    Ok so i figured out the water pump is was the outside switch after you mentioned that and reading in the book I remembered that switch outside so thank you guy! Now for the outlets, i read what you sent and pictures look similar to my trailer but still can’t find the inverter. Breakers in that steel box were not tripped so have to be in the wiring because i can’t find any inverter switch. Any other suggestions. There’s like 6 outlets in front that have anything. The outside refrigerator has a plug in plus another inside and outside on that side of campers outdoor kitchen. A plug in in the water hookup area and and one along side the bed opposite side of water hookup. How would one go about testing. I have a two prong tester that lights up and shows current and a multi tester with different settings for amps, volts, etc. which i have no idea how to use.
    First, you got a 2nd AC. Nice.....I now feel a little envy.

From the 3rd pic it looks like you have an inverter prep only, no inverter. In the that picture it looks like black and blur romex. Blue is to the subpanel (if I remember correctly) and black is from the "inverter" breaker. It look like they are connected together. If you had an inverter, those would be plugged into an inverter.

If you can, can you take a pic of the area I squared (lower left area)? That will tell us if you indeed have an inverter or if just inverter prep.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	113380

If this is the case I think you're getting somewhere. Typically many outlets are all wired to the same breaker along the same romex string. I'm just guessing that all the outlets that are not working, are probably wired together along the same romex string.

You may need to pull your distribution panel to see what's going on behind it. Just a visual inspection to make sure there are no "loose ends" flopping around back there.

Also make sure all wired connections into the breakers are good (give them a little tug...there shouldn't be any movement).

Also, do you have an onboard generator (Cummins Onan under the bed)?

And, good job hunting down the water pump issue. I forgot there is another switch on the nautilus.
    Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Ok I’ll get a picture tomorrow , wondered what that was, odd looking. I do have a Cummins generator under the bed. Will check all connections also. Talking with my electrician neighbor and she said that those plug ins suck. There’s a lot of problems with them frying the spades there shoved unto. She might get in on this finding of why theres no electricity to be found, she loves this kind of stuff and shes a whiz at electronic stuff and fixing things.

Comment

If your neighbor comes over to help or if she has time, get her to show you the basics of the meter. Otherwise post pictures of your scanner and users here will try to type you through the basics.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Found the problem and got it fixed. Went back to the breaker box and the GFCI breaker was faulty. Apparently it made connection when you tripped back and forth, something apparently bad inside, what a fiasco but fixed.

Comment

Working...
          X