Back Up Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Up Camera

Has anyone been able to adapt another camera in place of the Furrion so it can link to Garmin or a cell phone. That’s a lot of stuff in the dash.

Originally posted by Rolltide2524 View Post
    Has anyone been able to adapt another camera in place of the Furrion so it can link to Garmin or a cell phone. That’s a lot of stuff in the dash.
    Rolltide--I moved your post to the Appliances & Electronics channel since this is not a question for our GD representatives.

Any questions, let me know! -Howard

P.S. What type of truck do you have?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I tried to "work with Garmin" . . . and I use that phrase "generously" to adapt a better rear vision camera in place of the standard Garmin back-up camera. Their first response was "you don't need to do that". Their second response (after I explained why I wanted to do this) was that I didn't know what I was talking about. Their third response was no response. Garmin will be of absolutely no help in adapting a non-Garmin camera to their display. I still use my Garmin and it's "back-up" camera (now watching over my trailer suspension https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...spension-tires because it can't see far enough to do much else) . . but, it won't be replaced with a Garmin.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

2009 Suburban 2500 so no way to use the existing onboard stuff.. Just looking for options for viewing my hind parts of the Transcend 265BH.. Adding the Furrion to the already crowded dash would be pushing it..

Comment

Working...
        X