Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing microwave in 2018 310GK: Whirlpool WMH78019HZ Convection/Microwave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing microwave in 2018 310GK: Whirlpool WMH78019HZ Convection/Microwave?

We are going to replace the HighPointe convection/microwave in our 2018 310-GK, and are considering the Whirlpool WMH78019HZ Convection/Microwave.

The dimensions don't exactly match; it is slightly taller which means I'd have to alter some around the top of the window--probably dropping the shade an inch or two. It is also slightly deeper which means that it'll stick into the cabin a bit more, which I don't mind as long as the mounting bolts will still be in the cabinet space above.

The HighPointe is 30" (29 15/16) wide, 15.5" high, and 15 1/4" deep, not counting the door handle. The Whirlpool specs out at 29 15/6" wide (same), 17 1/8" high (+ 1 5/8"), and 16" deep (+3/4").

Has anyone here used this unit as a replacement? If so, comments?

If you've replaced your convection/microwave, I'd be interested in your comments about your unit as well.

Thanks for any help,
    -Al
    Al and Kathe
    :No longer full-time. New sticks and bricks in East Helena, MT

2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett)
    2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)

Visited states map on the blog (below)
    Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Originally posted by lobsters View Post
    We are going to replace the HighPointe convection/microwave in our 2018 310-GK, and are considering the Whirlpool WMH78019HZ Convection/Microwave.
    Why are you replacing the HighPointe, Al? (If anything, I'd want to replace the crappy regular oven that won't make or hold temp. . .)

-Steve

2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
    Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Comment

Originally posted by steve&renee View Post

Why are you replacing the HighPointe, Al? (If anything, I'd want to replace the crappy regular oven that won't make or hold temp. . .)

-Steve
      Replace our storage cabinet? Heaven forbid! [smile] We've only used that once in our first week. Store lots of stuff in there now.

Replacing the HighPointe because it gets too hot on its back and chars / discolors the wall behind it. See this thread and this one. Just don't want to play with it trying to do band-aid solutions like putting a barrier between it and the wall.
      Al and Kathe
      :No longer full-time. New sticks and bricks in East Helena, MT

2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett)
      2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)

Visited states map on the blog (below)
      Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Comment

Originally posted by lobsters View Post

Replacing the HighPointe because it gets too hot on its back and chars / discolors the wall behind it.
        Yup. I'm familiar with the issue. I had my unit pulled under warranty and got the approved band-aid "fix" applied: aluminum tape. I really admire your safety consciousness and resolve.

2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
        Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
        2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
        18k B&W Companion, non-slider
        640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
        Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
        Somerset, WI

Comment

Working...
        X