No announcement yet.

Gas oven Furrion junk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good move to continue dealing with existing and the new competition.....hope the feedback on the oven performance is good. The evolving market and that new competitor we talked about at the National Rally among some of us along with some GDRV leaders has prompted several positive changes over the last several months with more to come on GDRVs. Carol and I are giving thumbs up to what we are seeing !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post
      Good move to continue dealing with existing and the new competition.....hope the feedback on the oven performance is good. The evolving market and that new competitor we talked about at the National Rally among some of us along with some GDRV leaders has prompted several positive changes over the last several months with more to come on GDRVs. Carol and I are giving thumbs up to what we are seeing !

Dan
      I think some of us who weren't at the rally know what brand you speak of too. Almost seems like GDRV part II.
      Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
      2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
      2020 Momentum 351M
      2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

After many under cooked dinners, I investigated to find the sensor for the oven display is under the shelf, not in the oven area (area with the rack.) Since the temperature on the display is not oven area temperature, our problems were solved by placing an oven thermometer in the oven area. The Oven thermometer is usually a 25 degree colder than the display. We also found preheating the oven to 400 to 425 for 10 to 15 minutes, regardless of the cooking temperature, reduced temperature fluxuations. Cheers! Peter
        Last edited by howson; 02-27-2020, 07:09 AM. Reason: minor spelling fix...

Comment

Originally posted by Retcollprof View Post
          We also found preheating the oven to 400 to 425 for 10 to 15 minutes, regardless of the cooking temperature, reduced temperature fluxuations. Cheers! Peter
          Hi Peter,

I see that this is your first post. Welcome to our owners technical forum !
          You have hit on the key to making these ovens work more-or-less correctly. I mentioned this earlier, but you explained it more clearly.

Rob

Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Retcollprof View Post
            After many under cooked dinners, I investigated to find the sensor for the oven display is under the shelf, not in the oven area (area with the rack.) Since the temperature on the display is not oven area temperature, our problems were solved by placing an oven thermometer in the oven area.
            I wonder if the display sensor is also the oven thermostat -- or somehow related to it. If the display sensor is somehow affecting the oven thermostat, no wonder the stupid oven doesn't work.

-Steve

2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
            Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
            2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
            18k B&W Companion, non-slider
            640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
            Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
            Somerset, WI

Comment

We have a 2020 Solitude 3350rl and the Furion oven is off by100 degrees. Has anyone resolved a similar issue. We bought a oven thermometer to verify it. If I turn the oven to MAX it will go to 450 and above, but at 450 only reaches 350.
              Al Fox

Comment

We have a 2020 Solitude with Furrion oven, the oven is very nice. The problem is the fan inside the oven is on all the time the oven is on. When temperature is reached the flame goes low and the fan blows it out. Then it does not lite again. Is there a way to stop the fan from running all the time?
                2020 Solitude 310GK-R (Gypsy) vin #573FS3622L9905461. 2017 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins diesel DRW 6 speed auto, 3:42 gears ( Big Red )

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
                  I can't confirm it yet, but I believe that GDRV may be going to a residential style range/oven or has already done so. As soon as I confirm it, I'll post the brand and info if it's true.

Jim
                  Jim - saw a picture of an Insignia oven in a new 2021 Solitude 373 as shared in this thread: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ion-oven/page2

Anything else you can confirm as noted in your post ?

Thanks,

Dan
                  Last edited by Canyonlight; 03-27-2020, 04:57 PM. Reason: Model was 373 not a 390
                  Dan & Carol

Comment

I saw a 2021 390RK with the new Insignia oven too. They also have different tail lights, and removed the window above the stove.

They also changed the corner shelves in the bathroom.

https://www.rvuniverse.com/listing/f...-r-fifth-wheel
                    Last edited by PGCamp; 04-08-2020, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Yes, I noticed that as well. I saw a 2021 310 Solitude posted the other day with the Insignia oven as well. TucsonJim Jim shared several weeks ago in his post #14 that he was going to confirm changes in ovens details but have not heard anything from him. I followed up on this in my post #23 to Jim but have not heard back. Maybe Jim got lost in the desert and is brewing a Cactus IPA !

Maybe the other mods.can share some updates....guys anything ? Cate&Rob Country Campers howson Guys, thinking about this, There have been a couple other posts/PMs over the months where I have tagged Jim with no response. Maybe there is a system issue or I made it to Jim's "blocked call" list !

Dan
                      Dan & Carol

Comment

My dealer has verified our awful oven as a warranty problem (pizza cooking is not an option) and we are still waiting to hear back from them about problem solving.
                        Last edited by howson; 09-21-2020, 07:45 AM. Reason: word substitution per forum rules
                        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                        Nash County, NC
                        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
                        X