Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norcold 2118 - Possible to remove freezer centre bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norcold 2118 - Possible to remove freezer centre bar?

Anyone know how to remove the centre divider bar from the freezer section? It would seem this is required if you need to move either of the racks.
    Looked through the manuals but don't see anything addressing this.
    Thx
    -
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, 600AH of Battle Born LiFePO4, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Denali Duramax 4x4 DRW LB CC, Curt Q25
    Follow us at https://rctravels.rmcd.ca/

Originally posted by KamFlyer View Post
    Anyone know how to remove the centre divider bar from the freezer section? It would seem this is required if you need to move either of the racks.
    Looked through the manuals but don't see anything addressing this.
    Thx
    Hi, KamFlyer

Note: I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS

Looking at my unit, the shelving brackets on the left side have two screws on the bracket above each shelf. I THINK that if you remove that upper bracket, you will be able to disengage the shelves from the brackets, tip them into a vertical orientation, and remove them. I can't think of any other reason that these brackets would be removable. It has to serve a purpose, because it makes the unit more expensive to build.

Please let us all know if you try this and whether it works.

-Al
    Al and Kathe
    :No longer full-time. New sticks and bricks in East Helena, MT

2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett)
    2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)

Visited states map on the blog (below)
    Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Comment

Did you guys figure out how to do this by any chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Txr0wrg View Post
        Did you guys figure out how to do this by any chance.
        Wow, that was a while ago. No, we gave up on the Norcold for multiple reasons and went to an LG residential.
        No regrets.
        -
        Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya
        2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, 600AH of Battle Born LiFePO4, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
        2023 GMC Denali Duramax 4x4 DRW LB CC, Curt Q25
        Follow us at https://rctravels.rmcd.ca/

Comment

Like KamFlyer, we gave up on the Norcold and and installed a residential. Sorry we can't help. Trying to use the Norcold in an Arizona summer (I know... don't go there) was the proverbial straw that broke our backs. The residential just works.
          -Al
          Al and Kathe
          :No longer full-time. New sticks and bricks in East Helena, MT

2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett)
          2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)

Visited states map on the blog (below)
          Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Comment

Originally posted by lobsters View Post

Hi, KamFlyer

Note: I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS

Looking at my unit, the shelving brackets on the left side have two screws on the bracket above each shelf. I THINK that if you remove that upper bracket, you will be able to disengage the shelves from the brackets, tip them into a vertical orientation, and remove them. I can't think of any other reason that these brackets would be removable. It has to serve a purpose, because it makes the unit more expensive to build.

Please let us all know if you try this and whether it works.

-Al
            Here we are, three years later... trying to do the same thing. Overall happy with our Norcold after replacing the ammonia absorption cooling system with a dual 12VDC compressor system from JC Refrigeration... but want to move the shelf from the "middle" spot to the "upper" spot. Removing the brackets on the left side is required, but does not, in and of itself, provide enough relief to move the shelf...

2021 Momentum 397TH...
            My trailer: Grand Design Momentum 397TH with many small modifications and a fairly large (1700W panels, 10KW batteries) DIY solar install.

My truck: 2020 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn 4x4 DRW, 6.7L Cummins HO Turbo Diesel, Aisin 6-speed, 4.10 axle, Patriot Blue Pearlcoat, Longhorn L1, Towing Tech, Max tow, Towing prep, 30K 5th wheel, Cold Weather pkg, Safety group, Body color bumpers, Tow hooks, Auto level, 50 gal fuel, Bed step, Side steps, Sunroof, Aux switches, Air Horn, TruXedo Sentry bed cover

Comment

Working...
            X