Norcold 2118SSM2 - will not stay light when travelling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norcold 2118SSM2 - will not stay light when travelling

I have a 2020 375RES with a Norcold 2118SSM2 fridge. I have already added the washer to the left hand lower door for better sealing and operation. When travelling with the fridge on propane, it will at some point stop working. Trailer is currently at dealership and they cannot find anything wrong. Is anyone aware of this issue and what the probable cause/fix is?
    Jim, Therese and Ginger (mini Dachshund)
    2018 F350 SC Lariat, DRW, Diesel
    2020 Solitude 375-RES

Originally posted by NavyGrog View Post
    I have a 2020 375RES with a Norcold 2118SSM2 fridge. I have already added the washer to the left hand lower door for better sealing and operation. When travelling with the fridge on propane, it will at some point stop working. Trailer is currently at dealership and they cannot find anything wrong. Is anyone aware of this issue and what the probable cause/fix is?
    "NavyGrog", huh? I know what a "Grog Bowl" is...though they did get a lot tamer in the latter parts of my AF career.

To your question--I haven't read anything that I can remember related to the issue, but the first thing I'd do is isolate if it is a 12vDC issue or a propane issue.

12vDC is required for the refrigerator to run on propane. If your tow vehicle is not supplying enough power to keep your RV's battery charged, the RV battery's voltage may dip below the minimum required by the refrigerator which, of course, causes it to turn off. Your dealer is probably running the refrigerator with your RV connected to shore power, so the RV's converter is supplying DC power to the refrigerator (and also charging the battery).

I could be completely wrong, but it's a plausible scenario and one that is worth asking the dealer to look at with your tow vehicle connected to the RV. If you are capable, it is a relatively easy item to troubleshoot with a voltmeter.

Hope this helps!

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

If the refrigerator is in the slide, look under neath and see if they have the cable ties holding the propane line up are causing the line to kink when the slide is closed. We had that problem on our Reflection. clipping the last cable tie off, cured the fridge going out when traveling.

Comment

Not sure if you have your problem resolved or not bu tI came across this video that might help! https://youtu.be/cjh-Mu7qApM
        2017 Silverado 3500HD LTZ Duramax DRW 4X4
        2019 Solitude 375RES
        B&W Companion

Comment

Working...
        X