Replacement for Furrion oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement for Furrion oven

Does anyone know if there is a replacement for the Furrion oven? Would really like to replace the one in our 2020 Solitude with something that works.
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R (Gypsy) vin #573FS3622L9905461. 2017 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins diesel DRW 6 speed auto, 3:42 gears ( Big Red )

Originally posted by Arvis View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a replacement for the Furrion oven? Would really like to replace the one in our 2020 Solitude with something that works.
    No, but I'd also be interested in what others have done if they've replaced their oven.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The new Insignia brand with a 3.7 CF oven being installed by SOBs is generating much interest. I cannot find any specifics or performance data on the oven. Asking questions to our local dealer about the oven......well that was interesting ! Insignia is a Best Buy brand but the connection between them and the oven....not sure.

Yes, the bottom drawer/cabinet under current small range/ovens will need to be removed but if the Insignia oven performs that will be no big deal to address. Other dimensions of this oven could mean others mods. to the counter or cabinet area and other items.
      I suspect other manufacturers will be introducing similar products. Will they perform and hold up over time.......sure they will.......yea maybe that is a stretch !

Dan
      Dan & Carol
      2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
      2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

There was another thread on this, but if you do a search for small apartment ovens some come up. GE, Bosh, LG, Samsung an others make small apartment ovens. They may need to be re-jetted for propane. Also double check clearance requirements. The other way to search is look at other brand RV literature to see what up and coming. Airstream appears to be using something better - cant tell brand from photos, but they look different. One layout seems to have a big oven separate from the cook top. Just looking around to try and help
        Last edited by Yoda; 03-14-2020, 11:51 AM.
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Last night we baked two cheesecakes in the Furrion oven in our new 310GK-R. It's SO much better than the Atwood oven in our Reflection. It cooked the two cheesecakes (at the same time) very evenly and in the amount of time required per the recipe. I don't understand your "something that works" statement.

Rob
          Rob & Laura
          U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
          2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
          2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
          (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
          Full time since 08/2015

Comment

If your oven isn't totally broken - but you are having frustration with using it ---
            We have a Reflection 150 series and after reading online about using the oven we followed three tips:
            1) We bought a rectangular pizza stone that fits on top of the bottom metal plate of the oven- just over the flame
            2) We put an oven temp thermometer on the wire rack before we light the oven - our little oven only has one rack. We keep it on the second notch up from the bottom...right above the pizza stone.
            3) We totally ignore the temp settings of the oven and just watch the removable thermometer...so crank the oven up to 425 - even if you ultimately only need 300 or 350. That will take longer than your home oven will. After it's good and hot put your baked good in and the temp will fall because you are putting something in that is cold and you opened up the door. Then monitor the temp pretty carefully and adjust the flame as you need to.

I have baked bread and a key lime pie and both came out perfect - but had to be in a bit longer as I was still on my learning curve about pushing the heat initially high. Hope this info helps.
            Ed & Cindy, pups: Daisy and Penny
            2020 Ford F-450 Lariat CCLB Diesel
            2020 Solitude 2930rl-R
            Previously 2019 Reflection 260RD

Comment

The main thing with our oven is the fan inside runs constant and when the oven reaches the set temp the flame goes low and the fan blows it out, then it will not relight. Smell propane but no flame. When you lite it again it does the same thing over again. If anyone has information on what to do to correct this the oven would be good. I have the install and user manual but it does not say anything about this.
              2020 Solitude 310GK-R (Gypsy) vin #573FS3622L9905461. 2017 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins diesel DRW 6 speed auto, 3:42 gears ( Big Red )

Comment

The main thing with our oven is the fan inside runs constant and when the oven reaches the set temp the flame goes low and the fan blows it out, then it will not relight. Smell propane but no flame. When you lite it again it does the same thing over again. If anyone has information on what to do to correct this the oven would be good. I have the install and user manual but it does not say anything about this.
                We baked at 350 the other night (the lowest setting). The fan only ran intermittently and the flame never went out. Perhaps yours needs calibrating or looked at by a technician. In a brand new unit it's still under warranty and you shouldn't have to pay big bucks for a replacement oven and cabinet modifications. My wife is an expert baker and she really likes this oven - especially compared to the Atwood in the Reflection. She can't carry all her KitchenAid equipment in the RV with her or have a commercial-grade oven, but - with this new oven - she's a happy camper (pun intended).

Rob
                Rob & Laura
                U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
                2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
                Full time since 08/2015

Comment

That definitely does not sound like a properly working oven. I'm far from a knowledgeable oven or propane system troubleshooter, though!

Is having your dealer look at the oven an option? If not, consider calling GD Customer Support and asking if they will recommend and authorize a mobile technician near you to come and look at the issue. Please know that you'll likely have a "service fee" to pay the mobile tech (which is separate from the repair bill, if any, that GD will cover if they authorize the repair).
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

That definitely does not sound like a properly working oven. I'm far from a knowledgeable oven or propane system troubleshooter, though!

Is having your dealer look at the oven an option? If not, consider calling GD Customer Support and asking if they will recommend and authorize a mobile technician near you to come and look at the issue. Please know that you'll likely have a "service fee" to pay the mobile tech (which is separate from the repair bill, if any, that GD will cover if they authorize the repair).
                    We are about 450 miles from dealer, we are extended stay and would not be able to leave at dealer for repair. The dealer we bought from does not have a service center at this time so they are basically useless for repairs. Not sure I would take it there anyway, after we signed the paperwork they walked away from us like we had a fever or something. Not another word did not even see them again.

i know that they are in business to make money, but what has happened to customer service? Sorry for the rant.

Comment

We are about 450 miles from dealer, we are extended stay and would not be able to leave at dealer for repair. The dealer we bought from does not have a service center at this time so they are basically useless for repairs. Not sure I would take it there anyway, after we signed the paperwork they walked away from us like we had a fever or something. Not another word did not even see them again.

i know that they are in business to make money, but what has happened to customer service? Sorry for the rant.
                      Call Grand Design Customer Service this week (574-825-9679) and talk it through with them. We've had several warranty repairs done by mobile techs and authorized and paid for by GD. On one occasion, we were 150 yards from a GD dealership that we won't have anything to do with. Can't beat that for customer service!

Rob
                      Rob & Laura
                      U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
                      Full time since 08/2015

Comment

I would also consider calling Furrion directly about this before contacting our customer service team, as they are the ones who specialize in their product.

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post

I would also consider calling Furrion directly about this before contacting our customer service team, as they are the ones who specialize in their product.
                          I called out to Furrion about the problems we are having with the oven in our 2020 Solitude 310GK-R. THis the response I received.

Good afternoon,

Just letting you know that GD handles the warranty direct. An issue like this will need to be looked at by a technician. They will pull the oven and check several things on the oven. Please reach out to Grand Design Service as I think you have a warrantable issue here. It could be a mixture of things. Could be a bad regulator on the oven, a bad thermocouple, a door seal that is not fully seated, or could be there is too much air in the lines. Several things will be looked over by GD.

Best Regards,

Chris Robison
                          Tech Support
                          U.S.A Innovation Center & Institute of Technology
                          52567 Independence Ct. Elkhart, IN 46514
                          P:1.574.327.6571
                          Toll Free: 800-789-3341
                          ref:_00D61Zxvn._5004McY2vp:ref

Comment

GDRV-Megan Arvis , has any headway been made on what channel to tune to? Our temp display as to actual temps are way off, and it has a problem holding temps.
                            Read out / actual
                            435 / 350
                            471 / 400
                            464 / 375

I guess this will be a warranty issue.
                            Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                            Nash County, NC
                            2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
                              [USER="827"]I guess this will be a warranty issue.
                              I agree--give Customer Service a call and have the issue documented. Given the state of the world right now getting anything done will probably have to wait. But get a case # established with GD.

Comment

Working...
                              X