Norcold 7 Frig DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norcold 7 Frig DC

Was curious about running Norcold Polar 7cu frig off of two golf cart batteries via an inverter . Any thoughts on how to wire an easy way to do this just for occ travel days verses running propane.
    I have a pure sine 2500 inverter for the juice.

Originally posted by Rolltide2524 View Post
    Was curious about running Norcold Polar 7cu frig off of two golf cart batteries via an inverter . Any thoughts on how to wire an easy way to do this just for occ travel days verses running propane.
    I have a pure sine 2500 inverter for the juice.
    How many amps does the Norcold consume when it is running full tilt? If you've read any of my threads on the topic, my Dometic consumes ~33A. Over the course of a 10 hour day I'd typically consume on average 29amps per hour, or 29aH. With 400aH of capacity, that meant I'd consumed about 75% of my capacity. (Rough math!)

I don't know what your golf cart batteries capacity is or what the Norcold consumes, but I suspect you'll only be able to use 1/2 of your battery's capacity without damaging them.

For your specific question--the easiest is an extension cord from the inverter to the refrigerator. You might have to get a little creative but it's probably doable. This assumes the inverter is installed with all the proper safety switches and fuses per the manual.

If you haven't read any of my posts, grab a (large) cup of coffee and start here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...lts-f-350-mods
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Still trying to get all the correct information for my model of frig . I’ll continue the information journey before making any decisions. Maybe just the emergency shut off valve for my propane and a lot of prayers when we travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolltide2524 View Post
        Still trying to get all the correct information for my model of frig . I’ll continue the information journey before making any decisions. Maybe just the emergency shut off valve for my propane and a lot of prayers when we travel.
        My journey evolved from exactly where you're starting: power the refrigerator while towing and then the requirements quickly scaled up to having "boondocking" capability. A picture posted on another site was like catching a bug (couldn't resist the reference!)--after a 1.5 yr journey of learning and spending quite a bit of $$, my system (I think!) is complete.

I hope something in all those posts is helpful!

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

My journey evolved from exactly where you're starting: power the refrigerator while towing and then the requirements quickly scaled up to having "boondocking" capability. A picture posted on another site was like catching a bug (couldn't resist the reference!)--after a 1.5 yr journey of learning and spending quite a bit of $$, my system (I think!) is complete.

I hope something in all those posts is helpful!

Howard
          Fair warning Howard, it’s never complete.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
          X