No announcement yet.

FAQ - Mounting TVs - TV Prepped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stryker82nd -- one more thought on your post: usually the window in the bedroom is considered an emergency escape route. If there's a sticker stating it is an emergency exit (and the window is configured as such) give due consideration before obstructing with a television and mount.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

When you push on the wall below the TV mount location here sticker it does NOT feel like the backer is that size as I can push the wall in a decent amount. I just don't want to break the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker82nd View Post
        When you push on the wall below the TV mount location here sticker it does NOT feel like the backer is that size as I can push the wall in a decent amount. I just don't want to break the wall.
        Very possible the information made available to the moderators does not reflect a specific build. GD makes changes constantly. For specific information on your trailer you'll have to call Customer Service and provide your VIN. They should be able to explain the size and location of the backer. (Phone number on "business card", home page of this forum.)

Please do the forum the favor of reporting what you find out.

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks and I will report back.

Comment

Howard yes the window is an escape and the TV and mount will not obstruct. That was my concern initially as they have the TV mount location right above the window but I held TV and mount and we are clear. We also have an entry door going into our bedroom as well on the 265BH

Comment

Ran into a similar situation when changing out our OEM TV. The new set required moving the wall mount bracket down to the point that the bottom screws missed the backer in the wall. I solved this by mounting a larger backer to the wall, screwed into the backer in the wall, and then mounting the bracket to the new backer. An extra benefit was that I gained additional space between the wall and the back of the TV for making cable and power connections.
              John
              2018 Momentum 395M
              2018 Ram 3500 Dually
              Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Howard, the drawing you had was correct for my Vin TT. Thanks again. TV mounted and all is well

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
                  Just a point of clarification for those reading this post in the future. All of the TV backers will be located on an "interior wall", meaning the screws for the television mount will be installed on the interior side of the wall.

When GDRV says interior/exterior walls, they are referring to what is on the opposite side of the wall. Imagine you were to drill a hole all the way through the wall (don't do this), and the tip of the drill bit was still inside the RV, it's an "interior wall". If the tip of the drill bit were outside the RV, it's an exterior wall.

I hope that clears things up.

Jim
                  TucsonJim, you posted the above a while ago and I admit I am confused. I think what you are saying is that an exterior wall is the wall that is outside the camper. So, if you had a mounting point outside the camper, that would have a steel plate. But, if you are standing inside the camper (say in the living room), the mounting surface that is behind the interior finished surface is plywood. is that right? Stated a different way, if you think of the interior wall as drywall, then behind the drywall is a piece of plywood. Am I getting this right? I was very excited by the initial post in this thread that I would have a steel plate to mount my new TV mount on in my living room. That's structurally superior to plywood IMHO. Thank you. Tim
                  Timothy (Tim)
                  2023 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
                  Travel Trailer

Comment

Working...
                  X