Norcold Side by Side fridge wont work on electric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norcold Side by Side fridge wont work on electric

I have a 2016 Reflections 337 RLS fifth wheel trailer with the Nocold double fridge. We are traveling right now and when we stopped tonight the fridge didn't seem to be working on electricity. I've switched over to propane and it seems to be working OK. I've checked all the breakers and they are OK. Any suggestions on what else to check.

Thanks

Originally posted by rpaling View Post
    I have a 2016 Reflections 337 RLS fifth wheel trailer with the Nocold double fridge. We are traveling right now and when we stopped tonight the fridge didn't seem to be working on electricity. I've switched over to propane and it seems to be working OK. I've checked all the breakers and they are OK. Any suggestions on what else to check.

Thanks
    Forgive the obvious question, but you are plugged in to shore power, right? What about the other outlets that are on the refrigerator circuit (which, if like mine, is most of the outlets in the living room)--do they work? Again, if like my 315RLTS the refrigerator is plugged in to an outlet not easily seen. It's behind the refrigerator's lower vent cover, on the rear facing wall (outlet faces towards the front of the camper). Either plug something else into that outlet to make sure it works or run an extension cord from a known good source (pedestal?) and unplug the refrigerator from the camper and into the extension cord.

If the outlet is bad I suspect the connector that GD uses to join up the hard wiring in the camper to the slide has failed. I can't think of the name of the item at the moment--maybe Molex? Below is a picture of one from a recent factory tour.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Molex.JPG
Views:	294
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	14707

You can barely make out the refrigerator's 120vAC power outlet behind the lower vent in this shot taken while I was installing a mod. (You won't have the "ARP" thing shown in the picture.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	outlet.JPG
Views:	403
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	14706

Hope this helps some...

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
    X