Jensen Audio head with regard to Visio TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jensen Audio head with regard to Visio TV

I replaced the OEM 40” TCL TV in the LR of our Imagine 2250RK with a 40” Visio which I’ve had great luck with over the years. In doing so I discovered that the audio connection to the Jensen were red white yellow RCA style and the new TV uses only HDMI. If I pull out the Jensen unit, and it has no HDMI capability, is there such a thing as an adapter for the RCA jacks to make them compatible with one of the TV’s HDMI outlets, or, if someone knows from prior experience, do most of these Jensens have one or more HDMI outlets in the back?
    I realize I could pull it out and investigate but I’m just trying to save some time and pick up parts, if necessary, before beginning. All help appreciated.
    Dave and Sue
    2020 GD 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
    GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
    SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post
    I replaced the OEM 40” TCL TV in the LR of our Imagine 2250RK with a 40” Visio which I’ve had great luck with over the years. In doing so I discovered that the audio connection to the Jensen were red white yellow RCA style and the new TV uses only HDMI. If I pull out the Jensen unit, and it has no HDMI capability, is there such a thing as an adapter for the RCA jacks to make them compatible with one of the TV’s HDMI outlets, or, if someone knows from prior experience, do most of these Jensens have one or more HDMI outlets in the back?
    I realize I could pull it out and investigate but I’m just trying to save some time and pick up parts, if necessary, before beginning. All help appreciated.
    Dave--the parts lookup (link on main menu above) is your friend!

I first entered your rig...
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Dave1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	60.4 KB ID:	15110

Then I searched for "Jensen" and found what's in your Imagine:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Dave2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	83.6 KB ID:	15111
    The picture says it is a model JWM40. Google led me to this owner's manual: https://www.jensenmarinedirect.com/downloads/dl/file/id/996/jwm40_owners_manual.pdf

Unfortunately I don't see an HDMI connection...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Connections.JPG Views:	0 Size:	70.0 KB ID:	15112

There are adapters--google "RCA to HMDI Adapter" and you'll see lots of options. (I have no experience so cannot make a recommendation.)

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Dave--the parts lookup (link on main menu above) is your friend!

I first entered your rig...
      Click image for larger version Name:	Dave1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	60.4 KB ID:	15110

Then I searched for "Jensen" and found what's in your Imagine:
      Click image for larger version Name:	Dave2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	83.6 KB ID:	15111
      The picture says it is a model JWM40. Google led me to this owner's manual: https://www.jensenmarinedirect.com/downloads/dl/file/id/996/jwm40_owners_manual.pdf

Unfortunately I don't see an HDMI connection...

Click image for larger version Name:	Connections.JPG Views:	0 Size:	70.0 KB ID:	15112

There are adapters--google "RCA to HMDI Adapter" and you'll see lots of options. (I have no experience so cannot make a recommendation.)

Howard
      Wow, much thanks Howard, appreciate that. Never thought that they would show the back of the unit. Now I can order the part before removal. Thanks again!
      Last edited by Schiefswret; 03-22-2020, 03:04 PM.
      Dave and Sue
      2020 GD 2250RK
      Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post

Wow, much thanks Howard, appreciate that. Never thought that they would show the back of the unit. Now I can order the part before removal. Thanks again!
        Howard, I ordered, received, and installed the adapter and it works like a champ. Appreciate your help, thank you!

RCA to HDMI,AV to HDMI Converter,ABLEWE 1080P Mini RCA Composite CVBS Video Audio Converter Adapter Supporting PAL/NTSC for TV/PC/ PS3/ STB/Xbox VHS/VCR/Blue-Ray DVD Players
        Dave and Sue
        2020 GD 2250RK
        Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Working...
        X